FedEx Town Hall

bbsam

Staff member
You're spitting in the wind Scam.

You'll realize that when the day comes when Fred and MT3 decide they're "just not that into you" either.

And on that day I'll join the tearful oppressed. Until that day it's all hookers and blow, baby. Figuratively, of course.:wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Highly unlikely as long as Ground is where profit growth is at.

Express remains the most profitable division, and volumes are growing. Ground is nothing compared to Express, but you are correct that Ground has higher growth rates. Just remember that Fred S is probably the most untrustworthy leader out there. Don't ever believe the BS you hear from MEM that "the company will be behind you" or that the "Ground ISP Model is stable". If anything ever changes legally, you'll be tossed aside like used toilet paper. Smith has broken binding contracts before...just ask American Trans Air. Oh, that's right, you can't...because Fred put them out of business by reneging on a contractual agreement.

vantexan

Express remains the most profitable division, and volumes are growing. Ground is nothing compared to Express, but you are correct that Ground has higher growth rates. Just remember that Fred S is probably the most untrustworthy leader out there. Don't ever believe the BS you hear from MEM that "the company will be behind you" or that the "Ground ISP Model is stable". If anything ever changes legally, you'll be tossed aside like used toilet paper. Smith has broken binding contracts before...just ask American Trans Air. Oh, that's right, you can't...because Fred put them out
of business by reneging on a contractual agreement.

No doubt, not arguing how cutthroat they are. But there are right and wrong ways to do things, and in the end I think we'll be happy we stood up for ourselves the right way. Notice FedEx came around with goodies for Ground's permanent employees now that they might unionize. Having a vote would certainly give Express employees some leverage and most likely some decent concessions to keep a union out. That IBT isn't doing anything makes me think you are right that something's going on behind the scenes. I don't think a union will get us UPS pay and benefits, but it may improve things significantly. But doing the Monkey Wrench Gang thing won't help our cause and could get someone hurt.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No doubt, not arguing how cutthroat they are. But there are right and wrong ways to do things, and in the end I think we'll be happy we stood up for ourselves the right way. Notice FedEx came around with goodies for Ground's permanent employees now that they might unionize. Having a vote would certainly give Express employees some leverage and most likely some decent concessions to keep a union out. That IBT isn't doing anything makes me think you are right that something's going on behind the scenes. I don't think a union will get us UPS pay and benefits, but it may improve things significantly. But doing the Monkey Wrench Gang thing won't help our cause and could get someone hurt.

Sorry, but we've been way too nice for far too long. It's time to get out the bad attitudes and tell Fred what he can do with his Purple Promise. They think we're sheep. That's incorrect.

FedExer267

That's a very sophomoric way of looking at things. It's "everybody else's fault" again isn't it? "If only they would all do as I say." I know you believe highly in your worth, but did it ever occur to you that maybe your contractor doesn't share that same view of you? Maybe he's more than content to see you go just as soon as that old job of yours finally calls you back for good. Maybe he's "just not that into you".
Typical response bbsam. You may call it sophmoric however its the truth. Its not that I believe so highly in my worth its about whats right. We all work well over a 40 hour week and it is truly sad that we cannot afford a decent living doing so, delivering the packages of a billion dollar Company.
It doesn't matter if I work 50, 60, or 70 hours a week I get paid salary for a 40 hour week, unless there is a holiday then I get paid for 32 hours even though I will still work 40 hours in those 4 days.

FedEx prides themselves on being they cheaper shipper, but are the really, when these same companies that ship through us are paying into all the government funding that FedEx does not, via IC's. How do you think your big accounts would feel if they new they were subsidizing their delivery drivers income. Maybe this is a new idea that the sales people at UPS could use to their advantage.

I am pretty sure it would bother the average american that they pay to subsidize a billion dollar companies Ground workforce. Just ask anyone.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Ive been telling all that will listen this little secret as long as Ive known. The fact that SCAM and other crook contractors are able to profit off of the taxes of HONEST employers is appalling. Ironically enough you poor guys and gals at Express are as well subsidizing an outfit that would love nothing more then to take all of your work.

The funny thing is that when this house of cards comes crashing down it will be the arrogant contractors that take it in the shorts. SCAM and a like will be the ones left holding the bag. However I'm sure that at the level of skill that SCAM pedals his wears he will have no problem landing a job at the local used car lot.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't hold your breath. We're not going anywhere. And call me conceited (though it's more like convivced), but I get the feeling I'd excel at whatever I try.

FedExer267

Ive been telling all that will listen this little secret as long as Ive known. The fact that SCAM and other crook contractors are able to profit off of the taxes of HONEST employers is appalling. Ironically enough you poor guys and gals at Express are as well subsidizing an outfit that would love nothing more then to take all of your work.

The funny thing is that when this house of cards comes crashing down it will be the arrogant contractors that take it in the shorts. SCAM and a like will be the ones left holding the bag. However I'm sure that at the level of skill that SCAM pedals his wears he will have no problem landing a job at the local used car lot.

Yep its pretty simple to the uneducated public who thinks they are paying less to ship a box, If they new they were paying for foodstamps and benefits through their tax dollars for FedEx Ground and Home Delivery they may choose to go with UPS. You do the math they are actually paying more. A Educated Public is the best recourse no one sends a message louder than a ticked off consumer. Boycott Ground until this billion dollar Company can learn to stop scamming the public.

Another thing for Express guys to look at why is it that we all have the same sells rep if we are diffrent companies. Its no sweat off the sells rep to go either way because they still get a fat commision check however they are the ones pushing Ground on to Express customers and in some cases it takes from your pot, Which gets you guys little to no raises, terrible benefits, no true pension, and a primarily part time workforce (cheaper labor). Ask yourself why would they push Ground as much as they do? simple they dont have to pay their workforce and pay everything that goes along with having employees. I promise you guys its not the drivers out there stealing pickup business from anyone, we dont get paid for that.

bbsam

Staff member
But according to your past posts, any pickup business we get will soon go back to UPS, right? Yeah, you and I both know that's not all that common.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep its pretty simple to the uneducated public who thinks they are paying less to ship a box, If they new they were paying for foodstamps and benefits through their tax dollars for FedEx Ground and Home Delivery they may choose to go with UPS. You do the math they are actually paying more. A Educated Public is the best recourse no one sends a message louder than a ticked off consumer. Boycott Ground until this billion dollar Company can learn to stop scamming the public.

Another thing for Express guys to look at why is it that we all have the same sells rep if we are diffrent companies. Its no sweat off the sells rep to go either way because they still get a fat commision check however they are the ones pushing Ground on to Express customers and in some cases it takes from your pot, Which gets you guys little to no raises, terrible benefits, no true pension, and a primarily part time workforce (cheaper labor). Ask yourself why would they push Ground as much as they do? simple they dont have to pay their workforce and pay everything that goes along with having employees. I promise you guys its not the drivers out there stealing pickup business from anyone, we dont get paid for that.

I say we contact our local Tea Party crazies and inform them that FedEx is suckling big time from the Federal Government teat. Besides the Express "subsidy" Fred receives from the Express Carrier Exemption, we also pay for food stamps and medical care for Ground drivers. Pretty soon, Rush Limbaugh will be excoriating Fred S at every opportunity. Sure, he will...