Feeder drivers;;;;;;;;;;;;; retire u old farts

article22

Banned
Do these old mfers want to die in the cab? Relax retire and let johnny have his turn!! 35-40 years seniority is enough!! Ooook im done....

A lo of these guys have been married three times and their ex wives will get a percentage of the pension for the years they were married. Plus when you get married again late and have kids then college is a big expense and ant old age.

UPSGUY72

with all the easy o/t they get they couldn't afford to retire and live on a pension...

We had a feeder driver retire last year after 42 years of service he final figure out that he could be make more money retired than he was making working.

rod

Retired 22 years
A lo of these guys have been married three times and their ex wives will get a percentage of the pension for the years they were married. Plus when you get married again late and have kids then college is a big expense and ant old age.

This all falls under the heading of "poor planning". If you can't make enough working full time for 30 years at UPS and living within your means then you deserve to work 40 or 50 years.

OptimusPrime

When I was an hourly, people would wonder why they saw package car or feeder drivers coming to work in 20 year old Honda's or whatever. Then I learned of the UPS widow. Was kind of shocked talking to other drivers. Very typical of them to be divorced, possibly more than once, and have all kinds of child support/alimony issues.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
with all the easy o/t they get they couldn't afford to retire and live on a pension...
All that easy overtime !! Heres some easy overtime for yah!! hook up a set of doubles in a snowstorm,then drive them down a frozen over Mountain side road in 6 th gear praying to GOD that you can get down number one ,, and number two ,you don't need to touch the friggin brakes !! yup its all shiz and giggles out here !!!

Bad Gas!

On the feeder drivers defense, I'm not one, you can nver save too much money if you expect to live a long time and want to travel. And with todays very unstable economy, who has enough money..... Most people dont live in that small simple living town of Mayberry.......And you dont want to depend on the government and social security. Last but not least, the benefits we have are worth bookue's...And when your an old fart, you free health benefits are worth the Farm!@!

raceanoncr

Am there right now. Retired in '10 with 32 yrs in. With EARLY SS and pension, am NETTING more than when working.

NO, am not MAKING as much, just CLEARING more. No 401 contribution, no stock, no nuttin to take out.

Ain't that all what it's about?

rod

Retired 22 years
Am there right now. Retired in '10 with 32 yrs in. With EARLY SS and pension, am NETTING more than when working.

NO, am not MAKING as much, just CLEARING more. No 401 contribution, no stock, no nuttin to take out.

Ain't that all what it's about?

I say let those that want to work til they drop continue on. They just contribute more money into the pot for you and me. And that truly is what its all about. We don't want that pot drying up now do we?

rod

Retired 22 years
We still got one with a 1964 seniority date.... Can you even imagine staying that long???

Everytime I hear of someone like this it turns out that he is supporting his wife, his kids and their kids, his wifes kids from her first marrage (and their kids) and for the most part has been the sole provider for a bunch of lazy offspring who were never made to live on their own but always went to Grandpa and Grandma with their money problems. Sad.

over9five

Staff member
Everytime I hear of someone like this it turns out that he is supporting his wife, his kids and their kids, his wifes kids from her first marrage (and their kids) and for the most part has been the sole provider for a bunch of lazy offspring who were never made to live on their own but always went to Grandpa and Grandma with their money problems. Sad.
I guess because of his age, he also is receiving his pension and SS. He is the only one I ever heard of doing that.

Bad Gas!

Most of the previous stereotyes are correct about supporting ex's and lazy kids....but I know a few, for example a 62 year pkg driver who limps in to a massive load to deliver everyday who has a grandchild with half a heart..He and his wife have delayed retirement to help this young grandchild and his grown adult kids in a hdeperate time of need....Also, even if your kids aren't lazy and make it through college, it tough times getting on oyur feet...Todays government regulation and taxes are passed down through available jobs....Anyway, enough of that, there are some hardship family cases..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone who works longer to pay for their kids college is stupid. Take care of yourself first. They have many ways to pay for college. You have one way to pay for your retirement. Don't get me started on what a complete sham college is. Most degrees are not worth the paper they are printed on and most of the ones that are useful could be taught just fine with 2 year apprenticeships. The first 2 years of college are complete waste of time money and resources!!!???