Feeder Inward Sensor

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Company is installing the outward facing camera and inward sensor on our feeder trucks currently. My question is what sets off that inward sensor? Can I take a drink out of my water bottle or will that set it off? Thanks
20230923_171249.jpg
Screenshot_20230923_171723_Adobe Photoshop Mix.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We had a case once for someone got fired for having sex in the back of the truck. When we finally found out how management determined what they were doing was because every day he was stopping opening his bulkhead door closing it for about 15 to 20 minutes and then opening it again with no movement of the truck lol. Same for a guy who decided to buckle his seatbelt and sit on top of it. In both instances, the company went out and looked to see what was actually going on. And that’s when the termination happened.
Rookie, should have been getting it done in under 5 minutes.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They are lying to you about not being a camera. Look up the patent on the lytx camera.
I don't need to look up a patent because they didn't lie about it. Read the fact sheet I posted.

"Does the inside sensor record video? It looks like a camera."

"No, the inside camera lens contains sensors which detect patternsof distracted or risky driving behaviors without capturing audio or video of the driver inside the vehicle."

So UPS is saying it's not a camera because no one can watch the video lol. Question 2 even explicitly says they "disabled" inside video "view". So obviously it's a camera they just promise not to watch it.

Trucker Clock

I don't need to look up a patent because they didn't lie about it. Read the fact sheet I posted.

"Does the inside sensor record video? It looks like a camera."

"No, the inside camera lens contains sensors which detect patternsof distracted or risky driving behaviors without capturing audio or video of the driver inside the vehicle."

So UPS is saying it's not a camera because no one can watch the video lol. Question 2 even explicitly says they "disabled" inside video "view". So obviously it's a camera they just promise not to watch it.

I agree.

I don’t care if @Ou812fu wants to call it a camera. If the live feed is disabled, or locked out, from anyone viewing it, and the recording feature is disabled, or locked out, from anyone viewing it….who cares what it is called?

No video from the cab can be seen by anyone.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree.

I don’t care if @Ou812fu wants to call it a camera. If the live feed is disabled, or locked out, from anyone viewing it, and the recording feature is disabled, or locked out, from anyone viewing it….who cares what it is called?

I don't disagree but I think everyone's still kind of underestimating how bad this is. The sheer amount of data they can gather about how you're doing your job is much worse than them watching a video. And it's going to get much worse as the tech gets better.

some1else

Banned
I don't disagree but I think everyone's still kind of underestimating how bad this is. The sheer amount of data they can gather about how you're doing your job is much worse than them watching a video. And it's going to get much worse as the tech gets better.
>Siri give me the names of every driver that spent over 15 minutes looking at their phone after parking the truck without being on break on Friday
Brown blob: but but they can’t use that for discipline! They have to go the extra step of creating the list then following up with observations!

>Siri give me the names of every driver that spent over 15 minutes looking at their phone after parking the truck without being on break on Friday
Brown blob: but but they can’t use that for discipline! They have to go the extra step of creating the list then following up with observations!
Don't worry- the "elected leaders" are out in front of this.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I mean they can literally tell if you're checking your mirrors every 8 seconds like you're supposed to by tracking your eye movements. Sync that up to the forward facing camera, and Bendix collision mitigation and blindspot radar sensors.

Timestamp that sensor data to the forward facing camera capture of an incident. They love to blame anything and everything on the driver and now they've got a great new tool to gather the "evidence" that it's all your fault.

The propaganda in that fact sheet about how the tech is there to "prove you did everything right" is kind of creepy orwellian double speak. Not a great door we let them open with this.

I mean they can literally tell if you're checking your mirrors every 8 seconds like you're supposed to by tracking your eye movements. Sync that up to the forward facing camera, and Bendix collision mitigation and blindspot radar sensors.

Timestamp that sensor data to the forward facing camera capture of an incident. They love to blame anything and everything on the driver and now they've got a great new tool to gather the "evidence" that it's all your fault fault.

The propaganda in that fact sheet about how the tech is there to "prove you did everything right" is just creepy orwellian double speak.
The "elected leaders" will snuff this out...

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I agree.

It is available for people to view. Just Not you and your immediate supervisor team.