Feinstein dead....USA a better place?

Integrity

Binge Poster
God, while mulling over what to do, glanced over at Integrity and asked "What do you think?" Integrity, sitting on his haunches with his arms crossed and palm fronds waving above his pillowed couch, said "I have chosen." God looked over at Jesus, rolled his eyes, and said "OK, we'll do it your way. Anything goes!"
You ok?

bacha29

First off while SS and Medicare taxes go to general revenue they do so with an "I.O.U." from the government. The taxes are collected separately from income taxes. Secondly because of profligate spending by our government the SS trust fund will be depleted by 2033 if not sooner. So when you ask just what would I cut, it doesn't matter. The government's mishandling will result in at least a 22% reduction in SS benefits because at that point benefits will only be paid by payroll taxes and company matches. Thirdly, in spite of the warnings of icebergs in the water it's full speed ahead for you. It's your type who are destroying us, not my type saying watch out for icebergs. Because the overspending you advocate enables the waste, fraud, and abuse that make it so easy for your type to skim off the top.
And the American people are tired of those with their "the sky is falling" sermons and demanding cuts in federal spending while failing to identify specific areas for which cuts are to be made but at the same time have their hands stuck out demanding every single public benefit dollar they can position themselves in the most benefit wise advantageous way to collect the most while at the same time will over the life of their benefit period draw out many times more in public benefit money than they ever paid in taxes.

And when you talk about the SS/Medicare trust fund there is and I've told you this before a plan called Social Security 2100 which will place the fund on more solid footing. Since raising the retirement age is out of the question the only answer is a combination of higher payroll taxes and reformulated and lower benefits.....but the GOP wants nothing to do with it because it would serve to strengthen a program they have fought ever since it's introduction.

And Ryan's plan failed because it would have exposed health insurers to obvious losses they rightfully refused to expose themselves to.

According to the Kiplinger Letter their sources in DC are telling them that the final result in all of this from the standpoint of federal spending will be higher taxes, a sizeable reduction in the number of publicly funded federal programs with lower monthly benefits that will be harder to qualify for and the states unwilling to offset the reductions.

And guess who are the people who will be hollering the loudest?.....Why it will be the people who hollered the loudest for spending cuts when they discover that their favorite benefit program is a casualty of their own demands.

vantexan

And the American people are tired of those with their "the sky is falling" sermons and demanding cuts in federal spending while failing to identify specific areas for which cuts are to be made but at the same time have their hands stuck out demanding every single public benefit dollar they can position themselves in the most benefit wise advantageous way to collect the most while at the same time will over the life of their benefit period draw out many times more in public benefit money than they ever paid in taxes.

And when you talk about the SS/Medicare trust fund there is and I've told you this before a plan called Social Security 2100 which will place the fund on more solid footing. Since raising the retirement age is out of the question the only answer is a combination of higher payroll taxes and reformulated and lower benefits.....but the GOP wants nothing to do with it because it would serve to strengthen a program they have fought ever since it's introduction.

And Ryan's plan failed because it would have exposed health insurers to obvious losses they rightfully refused to expose themselves to.

According to the Kiplinger Letter their sources in DC are telling them that the final result in all of this from the standpoint of federal spending will be higher taxes, a sizeable reduction in the number of publicly funded federal programs with lower monthly benefits that will be harder to qualify for and the states unwilling to offset the reductions.

And guess who are the people who will be hollering the loudest?.....Why it will be the people who hollered the loudest for spending cuts when they discover that their favorite benefit program is a casualty of their own demands.
The cuts to SS won't be because of conservative demands but because of overspending by Congress. Period. Why didn't the Democrats fix Social Security when they had complete control of government under both Obama and Biden? And here's a news flash. Show me anyone holding their hands out for every last benefit dollar they can grab and I'll bet you serious money it's a Democratic voter. And getting back more than we put in? Those contributions were made over 35-40+ years when dollars were stronger. No one invests in anything with the idea of getting back just what they put in. In other words their dollars were just held for them. No one does that because inflation over decades would eat those dollars alive. That's an extraordinarily stupid idea to think otherwise.

qdg2

UPS doesn't have 535 people sitting on it's board of directors whose vote they have to depend on in order to implement every course of action they wish to take.
And so? Its can be one or twelve or a million and twelve.....

Do you conduct your personal business with a budget? Do you stay within such budget? Do you have unlimited deficit spending?

Yet, you expect your govt to have limitless spending. Why?

I've asked you three times.......please don't dodge again.

You expect concrete plans from us........what's yours? Serious question. Liberalism is untenable/unsustainable.

qdg2

And the American people are tired of liberalism ie: unchecked crime, unchecked drug use, thuggery on and on.

bacha29

And so? Its can be one or twelve or a million and twelve.....

Do you conduct your personal business with a budget? Do you stay within such budget? Do you have unlimited deficit spending?

Yet, you expect your govt to have limitless spending. Why?

I've asked you three times.......please don't dodge again.

You expect concrete plans from us........what's yours? Serious question. Liberalism is untenable/unsustainable.
So tell me are you willing to accept the loss of key social programs including the ones you're counting on in your advancing years which without question will negatively effect your daily life going forward?

bacha29

The cuts to SS won't be because of conservative demands but because of overspending by Congress. Period. Why didn't the Democrats fix Social Security when they had complete control of government under both Obama and Biden? And here's a news flash. Show me anyone holding their hands out for every last benefit dollar they can grab and I'll bet you serious money it's a Democratic voter. And getting back more than we put in? Those contributions were made over 35-40+ years when dollars were stronger. No one invests in anything with the idea of getting back just what they put in. In other words their dollars were just held for them. No one does that because inflation over decades would eat those dollars alive. That's an extraordinarily stupid idea to think otherwise.

These and similar comments from others are obviously coming from people who are flat out scared to death that the benefits they are counting on will not be there when they need them the most.

Yet for some inexplicable reason they wholeheartedly support candidates who have made it abundantly clear their intention to at the minimum severely reduce program benefits if not eliminate them altogether.

There is a strong likelihood that they will get elected, will make the dramatic cuts to social program spending yet neither you nor any of your fellow "conservatives" have stated that they are willing and prepared to accept the pain and detrimental effect it will have on their lives for the good of the country.

You all seem to think that some one else will endure the pain but you will be spared.....Think again.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
These and similar comments from others are obviously coming from people who are flat out scared to death that the benefits they are counting on will not be there when they need them the most.
You're projecting.
You are scared.
You are terrified.
Your masters have tricked you into fear.
It's why you rant about this constantly.

PT Car Washer

"What A Fool Believes".....The Doobie Brothers.

Now let me get this straight. You want cuts to federal spending but social programs are to be spared.....So where are the cuts you want going to be made?
Schools, food assistances to the poor and disabled, health care, etc. You get the idea.

bacha29

Schools, food assistances to the poor and disabled, health care, etc. You get the idea.
The people on here seem to think that they will not be faced with difficult choices during the latter stages of their life when it comes to their healthcare, housing and other basis care needs.

Oh that's right , we've got Medicare, Medicaid, Meals On Wheels HUD subsidized elderly housing.....Or will we?
You see, they want it both ways. They want to see severe cuts to social program spending but they still want it to be there in their current form with the same level of benefits when their time of need comes.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The people on here seem to think that they will not be faced with difficult choices during the latter stages of their life when it comes to their healthcare, housing and other basis care needs.

Oh that's right , we've got Medicare, Medicaid, Meals On Wheels HUD subsidized elderly housing.....Or will we?
You see, they want it both ways. They want to see severe cuts to social program spending but they still want it to be there in their current form with the same level of benefits when their time of need comes.
You're scared.
Lol.

qdg2

So tell me are you willing to accept the loss of key social programs including the ones you're counting on in your advancing years which without question will negatively effect your daily life going forward?
Do you conduct your personal business within a budget? Why don't you expect the federal govt to do so?

You are so willing to confiscate others money for this unlimited spending.....can we expect confiscation of 100% of your assets and income........willingly?