Fired. Can union bring back?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The sup at the center said
Going to the washroom is still considered taking a break?
No, you don’t have to punch out a break to use the restroom.

Supervisors have no clue.

those who can’t drive supervise.

The short answer is yes. It can be possible to get your job back from stealing time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Can`t be terminated or written up for what is found through telemantics, must be physically observed.
Section 6. Technology and Discipline
No driver shall be discharged based solely upon information re-ceived from GPS, telematics, or any successor system that similar-ly tracks or surveils a driver’s movements unless he/she engages in dishonesty

Zowert

Usually it comes down to your SPHA (stops per hour average). If you’re busting out 185 stops in 9 hours no one is going to say anything about trivial crap like stopping to get a Red Bull on the clock. If you’re slow, let’s say it takes you 12 hours to get 120 stops completed, then you might find yourself on management’s radar. They will send supervisors out to pick apart your day.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Usually it comes down to your SPHA (stops per hour average). If you’re busting out 185 stops in 9 hours no one is going to say anything about trivial crap like stopping to get a Red Bull on the clock. If you’re slow, let’s say it takes you 12 hours to get 120 stops completed, then you might find yourself on management’s radar. They will send supervisors out to pick apart your day.
I am not aware of any production standard that is in the contract or recognized by the Union.

Staydryitsraining

185 stops in 9 hours? My God I need to slow down

JustAnotherSup

I am not aware of any production standard that is in the contract or recognized by the Union.

Stealing time is dishonesty, and dishonesty is covered in the contract and recognized by the union.

We're more likely to find someone who is stealing time when they have unreasonably poor performance. The reasons for this ought to be obvious. First, if you're stealing time, your performance must necessarily suffer because of it. Second, no one spends a ton of time going through telematics of drivers who do not appear to be safety, service, or performance problems, because there are plenty of actual and known safety, service, or performance problems to investigate and address; apparent problems are investigated in order of severity, so the guy who is 5 stops/hour below what is reasonably expected is WAY higher priority than the guy that's 0.25 stops/hour below what is reasonably expected.