Fired club

El Correcto

god is dead
This job is all about your habits.
If you’re in the habit of working unsafely or taking paid breaks that is management just handing you rope, compromising you, making it easier to take your job from you if they ever need or want to.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Body of work, man. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to hide. Your integrity is like a bubble; one prick and it’s gone. You can sleep easy if you know no matter what they call you into that office for, you can say with a straight face I worked honestly, and safely. Show up to work on time every day on top of that and you’re untouchable.

vvv

I wish I knew how many times it’s been . 19+ years here this has to be at least lucky number 7, or 8 discharge
My brother, trust me on this in that over the years you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's busted the companies nuts on a regular basis when working more than myself. And if you want to play the game such as I do and it seems yourself as well, then you better have your crap straight as I always tell drivers....DO NOT STEP ON YOUR OWN "RICHARD", because that's exactly what they are waiting for.

So in saying that, I don't have any shoe prints on my pecker!! Never suspended or fired over many many years.
Although I will side with you in that this particular discharge is nothing short of horse dump if truth is being told, you having rung up another 7-8 discharges leads me to believe you are not being too smart out there, and when you do come back they will continue to put their finger in your backend to keep checking your temperature.
Unless you enjoy how it feels you best tighten up your game out there buddy. Good luck.

vvv

This job is all about your habits.
If you’re in the habit of working unsafely or taking paid breaks that is management just handing you rope, compromising you, making it easier to take your job from you if they ever need or want to.
Simply put and well said.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Seems key facts were not listed here?

Since the company does not provide us with water, and we are on the road, it seems not unreasonable that a driver may have to stop during the workday. Would you discipline an inside employee going to the water cooler?
Thanks wally, i feel a discussion on hydration responsibility starting in 3...2...1...

R1wonder

My brother, trust me on this in that over the years you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's busted the companies nuts on a regular basis when working more than myself. And if you want to play the game such as I do and it seems yourself as well, then you better have your crap straight as I always tell drivers....DO NOT STEP ON YOUR OWN "RICHARD", because that's exactly what they are waiting for.

So in saying that, I don't have any shoe prints on my pecker!! Never suspended or fired over many many years.
Although I will side with you in that this particular discharge is nothing short of horse dump if truth is being told, you having rung up another 7-8 discharges leads me to believe you are not being too smart out there, and when you do come back they will continue to put their finger in your backend to keep checking your temperature.
Unless you enjoy how it feels you best tighten up your game out there buddy. Good luck.
Most my discharges were inside the hub . None driving

WTFm8

Take job back, then sue. Any good lawyer would have no problem collecting if this is all that went down?
Can’t. You have to go through union first and if you agreeing without backpay is a bad move and hurts your case.

You’re better off going to panel/arbitration and then if the union doesn’t do an adequate job, file labor charges and a lawsuit which will be based on you missed income/damages 2-3 times of whats missed upwards of 3 years of salary.

I made this mistake on an illegal termination and had a $25-30k case according to the attorney ($13k+ missed wages) but because I signed off to come back without backpay prior it’s something that attorneys fees would outweigh the pay.

If I didn’t sign they could have sent a cease and desist letter saying the company owes me the ~$13k and attorney would have taken 30%, or if company called ‘the bluff’ it would go to court and attorney fees would be 40% of winnings… and 40% of $25-30k towards lawyer burns up quick at $350/hr with how UPS drags :censored2: out.

Thebrownblob

Can’t. You have to go through union first and if you agreeing without backpay is a bad move and hurts your case.

You’re better off going to panel/arbitration and then if the union doesn’t do an adequate job, file labor charges and a lawsuit which will be based on you missed income/damages 2-3 times of whats missed upwards of 3 years of salary.

I made this mistake on an illegal termination and had a $25-30k case according to the attorney ($13k+ missed wages) but because I signed off to come back without backpay prior it’s something that attorneys fees would outweigh the pay.

If I didn’t sign they could have sent a cease and desist letter saying the company owes me the ~$13k and attorney would have taken 30%, or if company called ‘the bluff’ it would go to court and attorney fees would be 40% of winnings… and 40% of $25-30k towards lawyer burns up quick at $350/hr with how UPS drags :censored2: out.
Winning one of these cases is rare. Mostly based off the fact, the company has more money and can wait you out.

Thebrownblob

The legal dept gets paid big by the hour rate. Cheaper to settle.
You have clearly never been subpoenaed to give depositions. UPS will routinely settle, sexual-harassment and discrimination cases. But it will go to great lengths, if a terminated, hourly files a lawsuit. Even on the off chance they lose a lawsuit they will drag it through numerous appeals, so that person never sees any money for years and years.

542thruNthru

You have clearly never been subpoenaed to give depositions. UPS will routinely settle, sexual-harassment and discrimination cases. But it will go to great lengths, if a terminated, hourly files a lawsuit. Even on the off chance they lose a lawsuit they will drag it through numerous appeals, so that person never sees any money for years and years.
From what I've heard about half the terminations file labor charges on the local and company and they always get dropped and then they try a lawyer and it usually goes no where. The panel system helps cover the company and union in these instances.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No problem, worth the wait.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The legal dept gets paid big by the hour rate. Cheaper to settle.
D5D12C79-C8FE-4536-9A1C-66A7B869EC97.gif

You should probably stick to shuffling cardboard and working on your gif skills