Fired for stealing time-> not entering lunch/break

Klazaruss

I made a "very serious" mistake. In my rush to leave for home, I made a human oversight and blew by the screen to enter my lunch. 2 or so years ago my Sup gave me permission to account for my time using my watch-stopwatch and plugging in a 1 hour lunch time at end of day. No problems til now. Took 2wk vaca to Norway to visit family, they're 6 hours ahead of us. I came back to work 6 hours ahead in mind and body. 1st day back I didn't enter lunch, simple mistake on my part, but I told him the next morning I had done it. Well, he didn't fix timecard, AND I did it again that day!!! OUCH! Called in office and terminated. He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded. I've never been here before. No prior terminations, 21yrs service, 13yrs safe driving, 0 attendance/tardy issues, never bitch or complain and get the job done. Is this because it's a contract year and I'm being made an example of? Wife and kids are still in Norway!!! Can't wait to pick them up at the airport and give them the news!!!! Am I getting my job back? BTW my supervisor did a great job not supervising me. Insights? How long can I expect to be jobless?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why in the hell wouldn't you just enter your break when you take it?

Here's what I'm guessing you do. Run your ass off and every single second you aren't delivering packages you start your stopwatch and consider it break? Lmao

wilberforce15

How is it stealing time when you worked for free on time you were supposed to be resting?

I could see a dishonesty charge or not working as directed.

But stealing time? You gave the company free labor.

El Correcto

god is dead
I made a "very serious" mistake. In my rush to leave for home, I made a human oversight and blew by the screen to enter my lunch. 2 or so years ago my Sup gave me permission to account for my time using my watch-stopwatch and plugging in a 1 hour lunch time at end of day. No problems til now. Took 2wk vaca to Norway to visit family, they're 6 hours ahead of us. I came back to work 6 hours ahead in mind and body. 1st day back I didn't enter lunch, simple mistake on my part, but I told him the next morning I had done it. Well, he didn't fix timecard, AND I did it again that day!!! OUCH! Called in office and terminated. He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded. I've never been here before. No prior terminations, 21yrs service, 13yrs safe driving, 0 attendance/tardy issues, never bitch or complain and get the job done. Is this because it's a contract year and I'm being made an example of? Wife and kids are still in Norway!!! Can't wait to pick them up at the airport and give them the news!!!! Am I getting my job back? BTW my supervisor did a great job not supervising me. Insights? How long can I expect to be jobless?
I’m starting to think there’s a troll with multiple accounts posting walls of text about him getting fired or disciplined for being an idiot.

Did your supervisor give you the stop watch, why don’t you just enter your lunch?
Even if I feel like splitting my lunch up I entered it when I take it.

Also go back and edit that wall into paragraphs.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
fake

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
nah... story sounds legit. you dont cary your stopwatch with you?
FlavorFlav.jpg

Johney

He also followed me that 2nd day and watched me take some of my time that wasn't logged into board, because it was in my stopwatch; just never got recorded.

How is it stealing time when you worked for free on time you were supposed to be resting?

I could see a dishonesty charge or not working as directed.

But stealing time? You gave the company free labor.
Did you miss this? Taking personal time and not recording it? Sorry but that's classic stealing time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Serious mistake??? You forgot to put it in your board.. big whoop,... and secondly, who the hell uses a stopwatch in 2018??? Are you like 70???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why in the hell wouldn't you just enter your break when you take it?

Here's what I'm guessing you do. Run your ass off and every single second you aren't delivering packages you start your stopwatch and consider it break? Lmao
Some of these guys are so mind fked by mgt it’s not even funny...

Blackadder 2

If this is real I know you should not teach grammar/English since you clearly don't know about paragraphs.

However I would bet dollars to donuts you're just trolling this site.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I would be unfazed by this: Real or not. In some dimwit coastal corner of the country at a 30-driver center.

You know someone, somewhere was stupid enough to do this. And management wad just salivating at the free termination.