First accident

Dsly

Hey guys not sure if this is the right section. So the other day I got in my first accident I was leaving a ups store in a busy shopping center, I was approaching the exit of the shopping center, there was 1 car in front of me with her front tires on the street and her right blinker on, I had 1/2 a car length in front of me and she for some reason decided to start backing up, I laid on my hot for a good 3 seconds and then she hit me. My center manager came out after explaining to him what happened I asked him if this will be put on me,he said yes unless proven unavoidable. I am worried because I’m just about to hit my 1st year and 1st year of safe driving. Do you guys think this will go against me?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey guys not sure if this is the right section. So the other day I got in my first accident I was leaving a ups store in a busy shopping center, I was approaching the exit of the shopping center, there was 1 car in front of me with her front tires on the street and her right blinker on, I had 1/2 a car length in front of me and she for some reason decided to start backing up, I laid on my hot for a good 3 seconds and then she hit me. My center manager came out after explaining to him what happened I asked him if this will be put on me,he said yes unless proven unavoidable. I am worried because I’m just about to hit my 1st year and 1st year of safe driving. Do you guys think this will go against me?
It’s always your fault. Expect the unexpected. Sorry.

Dsly

Yeah I know that they talked about it in the pcm today, but do you think this would be marked as an unavoidable or an avoidable accident. I can’t think of anything I could of done differently

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yeah I know that they talked about it in the pcm today, but do you think this would be marked as an unavoidable or an avoidable accident. I can’t think of anything I could of done differently
They'll say instead of half a car length you should have had a full car length between you and the other vehicle

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Avoidable. You said 1/2 car length stop distance. Supposed to one car length.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Nothing left to do but to inform your union reps, write down everything, and grieve everything. Down here in the city 30 years safe driving = 30 years of covering up minor accidents like the one you found yourself in.

Dsly

Yeah that the thing that’s confusing, on roads say we don’t need a full car length but 4 feet in front. Just like the saying space on all four sides but always in front.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yeah that the thing that’s confusing, on roads say we don’t need a full car length but 4 feet in front. Just like the saying space on all four sides but always in front.
What does the 10 point commentary say?
4 ft or one car length?
Your on roads are idiots

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Okay well thanks guys
Your welcome
5413E8CC-DA4C-45E4-B0EB-DB0CC8077FC8.jpeg
@silverbullet2893

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't worry about it. Its not like you are losing a safe driving prize or anything. Do they even keep track of safe driving years anymore?

Dsly

Nothing left to do but to inform your union reps, write down everything, and grieve everything. Down here in the city 30 years safe driving = 30 years of covering up minor accidents like the one you found yourself in.
What do you grieve on? I’m still new to the whole union thing.