First picture of black hole

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I AP’d out of the first year of calc in high school. My 200 level course told us the first day our grade would be the combo of all exams over the semester or our final grade whatever was higher. I walked out, studied a week before the final and got a B+. Last math I studied, I didn’t enjoy much after it got into theoretical stuff beyond practical use.

It's obvious you're way too dumb to be a Republican. They don't bother with math or science because they're all "fake school". Better to drop out, watch FOX, and sweep up the shop floor for minimum wage, and then complain about how life has dealt you a raw deal.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
No it’s not. The light spectrum is not visible to the human eye, so it was ‘colorized’ so we could.
I think I understand what you meant? ...
You meant the spectrum of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) frequency used in the capture was
not in the human visible light spectrum so the near infrared light actually captured
was shifted to a longer wavelength where it showed up as red, orange and yellow.

quality-of-a-light-source.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
Why are people on the right proud of denigrating science? Is it because they were too stupid to follow along in science class so they lash out and make fun of it? Seems like the most likely answer to me.
I’m not “denigrating” science. I’m being critical of the investment in a silly “picture”.

I think these space dorks and science nerds are always making exaggerated / politically motivated claims to earn more funding and interest in their research. Then we end up with fishes on treadmills and blurry imagined photos of black holes. You’re being ripped off.

El Correcto

god is dead
If this was some privately funded thing, I wouldn’t give a damn. I’d be like good for you space dorks glad you’re happy with your imagined black hole. But it’s not, it’s a publicly funded boondoggle and criticizing the money we are spending on space dork fantasies and imagination is not criticizing science.

MAKAVELI

If this was some privately funded thing, I wouldn’t give a damn. I’d be like good for you space dorks glad you’re happy with your imagined black hole. But it’s not, it’s a publicly funded boondoggle and criticizing the money we are spending on space dork fantasies and imagination is not criticizing science.
Oh please, your Drumpf has spent more on golfing and probably couldn't find any hole without paying for it.:happy2:

El Correcto

god is dead
You're proving our point, which doesn't say much for your intelligence.
I didn’t even have to know anything about this. I just have to see the photo and how much that cost us and I knew it was bull:censored2:.

Not a single dollar for the wall, but 26 million for space dorks to imagine black holes from light wave data collected by telescopes. Get your priories straight, this is why the country is going to hell.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I didn’t even have to know anything about this. I just have to see the photo and how much that cost us and I knew it was bull:censored2:.

Not a single dollar for the wall, but 26 million for space dorks to imagine black holes from light wave data collected by telescopes. Get your priories straight, this is why the country is going to hell.

OK, now you've tripled-down. I support a wall...that surrounds the ignorant.

Box Ox

Oh please, your Drumpf has spent more on golfing and probably couldn't find any hole without paying for it.:happy2:

ams4lw.png

Trump Golf Count

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ve said it before, Obama getting flown around the world was a huge waste of tax payer money. Why would we fly his ass around to bash America? Trump is money well spent. You don’t take democrats at their word if you don’t think Trump has saved us money. Hell 1 trillion in golf expenses doesn’t even dent the proposals being propped up by the democrat party, what’s it up to 90 trillion over a 10 year span in entitlements?

I could care less if Trump walked around with a 26 million dollar gold chalice filled with cheeseburgers. That man is saving us more money by not being Hillary than he could hope to spend in the remainder of his life.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Science scares you, doesn't it? It probably should, since you clearly aren't capable of understanding any of it. Insert head back into sand, which is part of a flat Earth that is only 6,000 years old.
At least you’re consistent with pulling all your garbage posts out of your ass. Your mental world must be full of psychoses.

Sportello

Banned
I’ve said it before, Obama getting flown around the world was a huge waste of tax payer money. Why would we fly his ass around to bash America? Trump is money well spent. You don’t take democrats at their word if you don’t think Trump has saved us money. Hell 1 trillion in golf expenses doesn’t even dent the proposals being propped up by the democrat party, what’s it up to 90 trillion over a 10 year span in entitlements?

I could care less if Trump walked around with a 26 million dollar gold chalice filled with cheeseburgers. That man is saving us more money by not being Hillary than he could hope to spend in the remainder of his life.
God help us all.