First picture of black hole

newfie

It's obvious you're way too dumb to be a Republican. They don't bother with math or science because they're all "fake school". Better to drop out, watch FOX, and sweep up the shop floor for minimum wage, and then complain about how life has dealt you a raw deal.

republicans appear to be smart enough to win the presidency. that leaves the dummies on the other side.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don't get you guys . The scientist who created this blob worked on it for four years and triangulated multiple telescopes together to get a picture of something blurry.

but if you point out that its blurry and therefore unimpressive then the liberals here accuse you of being afraid of science.
I’d rather see 26 million dollars worth of fishes on treadmills than this blurry picture. At least that would be funny.

oldngray

nowhere special
90411024509.jpg

vantexan

Yeah and so did 200 other people working on this bloated government waste. I’m not advocating that some woman that barely knew what a black hole is and was essentially a grunt running data get a noble prize over the man who spent a chunk of his life studying and developing this project just because he is a 50 year old white man who doesn’t fit the lefts narrative.
She came up with an algorithm that allowed that picture to happen. In no way does that discount what others on the team did, but until she came up with the algorithm their work couldn't be realized. So they're rightly praising what she did, and she looks a bit bashful, not boastful, about it. But for some reason you see this as some government insidiousness to promote women over men? Did you know the developer of soft serve ice cream was none other than Margaret Thatcher? THE Margaret Thatcher? Doesn't matter who has the brilliant mind, male or female, what matters is when they make use of it for the benefit of everyone else they deserve recognition, not jealous sniping.

El Correcto

god is dead
She came up with an algorithm that allowed that picture to happen. In no way does that discount what others on the team did, but until she came up with the algorithm their work couldn't be realized. So they're rightly praising what she did, and she looks a bit bashful, not boastful, about it. But for some reason you see this as some government insidiousness to promote women over men? Did you know the developer of soft serve ice cream was none other than Margaret Thatcher? THE Margaret Thatcher? Doesn't matter who has the brilliant mind, male or female, what matters is when they make use of it for the benefit of everyone else they deserve recognition, not jealous sniping.
It’s not jealous sniping. I know she is a bright girl. This is cynical sniping that will occur anytime I see the government sink millions in anything other than killing the bigots murdering gays in the Middle East.

vantexan

It’s not jealous sniping. I know she is a bright girl. This is cynical sniping that will occur anytime I see the government sink millions in anything other than killing the bigots murdering gays in the Middle East.
Why should my tax money be used to stop the killing of gays(sorry, couldn't resist)?

BrownArmy

How Katie Bouman Accidentally Became the Face of the Black Hole Project

Quit spreading fake news van. Even the libs backed down off that lone wolf designer. She was part of 1 team that designed it and didn’t even seem to put in the most work of that team.

Lad, hundreds of scientists worked on this project.

They had their jobs, she had hers, and she more than delivered.

No more, no less.

And, no, the gay man ‘came out’ to say that the trolls were wrong.

Show me on the doll where the skinny white scientist lady touched you...

El Correcto

god is dead
Lad, hundreds of scientists worked on this project.

They had their jobs, she had hers, and she more than delivered.

No more, no less.

And, no, the gay man ‘came out’ to say that the trolls were wrong.

Show me on the doll where the skinny white scientist lady touched you...
He didn’t say the trolls were wrong. He said he didn’t want to be used by sexist people to discredit women and that he didn’t care how much he contributed.

I don’t give a :censored2: about the girl.

This is about the narrative. You haven’t been keeping up with the STEM drama over women and sexism if you didn’t immediately recognize what the media is trying to push.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Maybe you should talk to Trump about his pal MBS, the Khashoggi murder, or him sucking up to his Saudi pals with that ridiculous orb. As an obvious Muslim hater, perhaps you need to get educated about the Saudis, who practice the most conservative form of Islam. They hate almost everyone.

Trump loves them, and they love Trump, and he provides them cover for all of the bad things they do. Remember, they're gay killing Muslim bigots, so try and think your way out of this wet paper bag.

I know it will be difficult, Mr Pokemon.