First Post, Gonna Complain.

It will be fine

Works 8-10 doing dels, takes break, starts pup route from 12-5,6 comes back for reload. There are a couple routes at my sta that are like that.
Is reload another shift after the pup route? Does he unload the vans or something? If it is, isn't that basically working from 8 to 7 or 8 at night? Sounds terrible, but if the rate is double what he made at ground I guess it's a step up. It sounds like he likes the abuse.

dezguy

Is reload another shift after the pup route? Does he unload the vans or something? If it is, isn't that basically working from 8 to 7 or 8 at night? Sounds terrible, but if the rate is double what he made at ground I guess it's a step up. It sounds like he likes the abuse.
Most sta's I have ever worked at have PT's doing the reload at night but it isn't unheard of for FT's to jump in when it is heavy and get some ot. Sounds like the OP is either on a split shift or they made a FT route by adding the reload to the end of the shift.7

Edit: Reload is loading the cans at the end of the night. Some sta's I have worked at have had the drivers load the belt and just had people loading the cans, some have the people loading the cans also unload the trucks. Seems to vary from location to location.

Even when I don't do an FO route 6:35-8:30 I still Manage to get 10 hours average a day. Anything over 8 is overtime I work Saturday my day off, that's pure overtime. All in all, I'm bringing home a significant amount over ground and about 98% less work.

Like I said, if you want hours, just ask and you'll get it. granted you follow the DOT laws ( I'm a DOT driver), which is my segue into my next complaint. There were weeks where I would work 72 hours and nothing was done about it, the pre trip/post trip was a joke, none of the vehicles worked right, our contractor would take boxes scan them and take them out for delivery in his personal vehicle. Just a joke. Management didn't respect the drivers,

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think all Ground drivers should flood Express with applications. ;)

image.jpg

:)

bbsam

Staff member
Like I said, if you want hours, just ask and you'll get it. granted you follow the DOT laws ( I'm a DOT driver), which is my segue into my next complaint. There were weeks where I would work 72 hours and nothing was done about it, the pre trip/post trip was a joke, none of the vehicles worked right, our contractor would take boxes scan them and take them out for delivery in his personal vehicle. Just a joke. Management didn't respect the drivers,
What do you mean when you say, "Management didn't respect the drivers."?

It will be fine

A tip if you plan on continuing driving, following DOT regulations is YOUR responsibility. You need to track your own hours of service. You need to perform a pre/post trip inspection on the vehicle you drive. You need to mark and inspect the DVIR for the vehicle you drive. If you are going to continue to operate a commercial vehicle you need to grow up and take responsibility for its safe operation. A fatal accident that could have been prevented by following regulations will be on your head. You'll have to live with it.

I'm fully aware of how to perform my job functions. What ground isn't fully aware of is how we are forced to drive as contracted employees, either do this or we'll find someone else who will. I didn't financially have a choice to " follow regulations" also, had ground been paying attention they would have caught on and I had even notified them, and their response was " that's something you need to speak to your contractor about" k thanks.

CJinx

A bulk stop pickup like that would be a trailer spot that linehaul would deal with, not a regular driver.