First Post, Gonna Complain.

CJinx

We don't have a stop like that around here. Never have picked up that kind of John Deere volume.
We have a few accounts that do it here. One of them fills a 56' straight rail trailer a night. Linehaul contractor loves it; take an empty there and a full one back to the station.

It will be fine

I'm fully aware of how to perform my job functions. What ground isn't fully aware of is how we are forced to drive as contracted employees, either do this or we'll find someone else who will. I didn't financially have a choice to " follow regulations" also, had ground been paying attention they would have caught on and I had even notified them, and their response was " that's something you need to speak to your contractor about" k thanks.
What do you mean by "contracted employee?" How is performing a pretrip financially impossible? Why would fedex management solve your issues with your employer?
And CJ in an ISP state the only way linehaul is getting that pickup is if I subcontract it to one of them. I've got couple stops that'll fill a few straight trucks, just have to make a few trips.

bbsam

Staff member
We have a few accounts that do it here. One of them fills a 56' straight rail trailer a night. Linehaul contractor loves it; take an empty there and a full one back to the station.
I know every account he named. I know the contractor he worked for.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What do you mean by "contracted employee?" How is performing a pretrip financially impossible? Why would fedex management solve your issues with your employer?
And CJ in an ISP state the only way linehaul is getting that pickup is if I subcontract it to one of them. I've got couple stops that'll fill a few straight trucks, just have to make a few trips.

Why would FedEx solve "your" driver's issues with the media and authorities (DUI case)?

By " pre trip/post trip is a joke" i mean, never once was I properly trained on how to do it, what to look for, was never talked to about it.besides, " Hey does your lights work?" Why would FedEx solve my issues? You're kidding right? Y'all really want someone who has been on the road 12 hours a day delivering YOUR packages? Tired, mentally and physically, I don't know of another company that allows that. If you drive 72 hours, it's required by state law the driver not drive for another 36 hours. That's something y'all should check more often, how long have these drivers been on the road? But once again, management doesn't give to :censored2:s about the contracted drivers, as long as the packages get delivered.

It will be fine

By " pre trip/post trip is a joke" i mean, never once was I properly trained on how to do it, what to look for, was never talked to about it.besides, " Hey does your lights work?" Why would FedEx solve my issues? You're kidding right? Y'all really want someone who has been on the road 12 hours a day delivering YOUR packages? Tired, mentally and physically, I don't know of another company that allows that. If you drive 72 hours, it's required by state law the driver not drive for another 36 hours. That's something y'all should check more often, how long have these drivers been on the road? But once again, management doesn't give to :censored2:s about the contracted drivers, as long as the packages get delivered.
Again it's your responsibility to not violate hours of service. And the scanner software won't allow you log in before the reset if you get to 70. The contractor has access to reports that show remaining hours of service, whether he checks or not is up to him. You want a third party to intervene on your behalf? Put on some big boy pants and say something yourself. Park the truck and tell the contractor to come get it, you're over hours. Stop being a victim, it won't get you anywhere. You took a bad job. If it was so bad you wouldn't have stayed for 2 years.

STFXG

Good point.

How long does it take him/her to make that one pickup?
About 2-3 hours a day total between 3 drivers. He has a part time driver that swings by early in the afternoon to grab what's ready and brick out the first truck. It's that trucks only pick up. The window is 4-6 but the shipper approved early sweeps. He then sends two more trucks during the window to grab the rest.

The other guy I know doing that kind of volume sends a straight truck. But that is all small stuff and he fits it all on one truck without any problems.