MAKAVELI

The contract mentions that it maintains your seniority but it doesn't say anything about that time off in FMLA counting towards your driving progression.
The law states it would have to explicitly state that and it would also have to treat all forms of leave without pay the same.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
The law states it would have to explicitly state that and it would also have to treat all forms of leave without pay the same.

So how are all forms of leave without pay treated? I know when you're out on disability that time off still counts towards your driving seniority. But is disability considered time off without pay since it's the state paying you and not UPS?

MAKAVELI

So how are all forms of leave without pay treated? I know when you're out on disability that time off still counts towards your driving seniority. But is disability considered time off without pay since it's the state paying you and not UPS?
I would think so as disability and FMLA can run concurrently.

ManInBrown

Just happened to a driver in my center. Was out on comp. While out hit full rate. Comp payments never changed. Full rate wasn't reflected until he returned to work. Called the hall to verify and was told you don't hit full rate if out on comp

MAKAVELI

Just happened to a driver in my center. Was out on comp. While out hit full rate. Comp payments never changed. Full rate wasn't reflected until he returned to work. Called the hall to verify and was told you don't hit full rate if out on comp
That's not what the Op is talking about. Comp will always be based on current wages when you go out not on future wages.