Follow ORION 85% or....

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Can you be disciplined for having late air if you follow Orion 100% (sometimes it will have you deliver ground at the same delivery as the air) if your covering a route? Not if you inform them you will have late airs before leaving

our center is 85%, a lot of drivers are doing like 75% but are beating the miles.

I confirmed it tried getting rid of a bad RD air but they wouldn't do anything. They originally took one air off me , but the other driver refused to take it and they gave it back to me, and it was right before we left the building and they didnt put it back on my EDD(Orion) but i ran it to the closest AIR in my Orion Trace, I ended up having several late air. I ran straight air except one air stop had me del. ground with that air because this company has an agreement with UPS to have the their ground del early. Also this was my third air stop so i thought id have plenty of time to run Orion 100% but i was wrong.

oldngray

nowhere special
I confirmed it tried getting rid of a bad RD air but they wouldn't do anything. They originally took one air off me , but the other driver refused to take it and they gave it back to me, and it was right before we left the building and they didnt put it back on my EDD(Orion) but i ran it to the closest AIR in my Orion Trace, I ended up having several late air. I ran straight air except one air stop had me del. ground with that air because this company has an agreement with UPS to have the their ground del early. Also this was my third air stop so i thought id have plenty of time to run Orion 100% but i was wrong.

You have to estimate how long it will take you to deliver the airs and how much ground you can also deliver. You can be right 99 times out of a hundred but they might still jump on you for the one time you don't make it. Or you can know how long it would take you on a normal day and deliver some ground, then get held up by unexpected road construction or have to wait for a train or anything else that is beyond your control. If you have a late air under those circumstances most of the time they would let it slide or at most a warning letter to add to the collection in your file. When it gets more serious is usually because they have other reasons.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone on here, (quite a while back), said it best:

"We work at a pace, that is unfamiliar to most people.

My neighbors see the pkg car parked out front every afternoon and think that it must be nice to be able to take my break at home. What they don't see is the pace that I have to keep in order to be able to take my break at home everyday.

You have to estimate how long it will take you to deliver the airs and how much ground you can also deliver. You can be right 99 times out of a hundred but they might still jump on you for the one time you don't make it. Or you can know how long it would take you on a normal day and deliver some ground, then get held up by unexpected road construction or have to wait for a train or anything else that is beyond your control. If you have a late air under those circumstances most of the time they would let it slide or at most a warning letter to add to the collection in your file. When it gets more serious is usually because they have other reasons.

Thanks, haven't had a warning letter in a few years.

okeydoke

Need duct tape?
My neighbors see the pkg car parked out front every afternoon and think that it must be nice to be able to take my break at home. What they don't see is the pace that I have to keep in order to be able to take my break at home everyday.

What is your favorite cookie? My wife can make some for you.

Last edited:

billerz

They are now writing drivers up for not hitting 90% trace in Orion. They also want us to reduce over allowed, which in my experience gets harder the closer you follow Orion lol.
They also have said if you have to break trace to make businesses, do it. It's like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Future

Victory Ride
Waiting for the day "they" get on me about their retarded evolution .... Politely hand the keys to them ....and tell them show me how!