Follow ORION 85% or....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Then I guess you didn't complain about the silly meme I directed at you last week.

BTW, does ORION give you time to post on the clock?
No Orion does not give you time to post on the clock.
it does not give you time for lunch or break, you must take it out when you are suppose to.
And I am going to do what some call whining, to the rest, I am giving you a scenario, that some will have the same problem with, that is what we do here, share info, get info, and occasionally :censored2:.
Did not get the ride, I have been threatened with. Again. I was 98.2, 12 miles over, again....... and 180 late. And it is documented by me, who documents too much...........that other drivers run it 22-27 mi over. and are just as late, but I digress. They know I have businesses loaded at the end of day, that I have to break for. They have had to call cover drivers, "hey such and such is calling they are getting ready to close, go the the bottom of Orion and get it delivered by 5!" I now only pull and get those off, because I care about my customers. Nothing else in the area, just them.
But before my air this am, I had 15 ground in the 7800 section, which Orion thought I should climb through the truck to service so I did. All resi. Got my air off and followed it spot on to the t, and the ridiculous pulls. Easy day for me. You mess up my sporh, with this am work, you mess up my overallow with the pulls, and no matter how hard you push me I will not work unsafely. So this is Orion. Yup, I cut miles. Even though I was still 12 over. And I got done fairly early. So my question is still. At peak you forced me to take a helper with 130 for 5 hours. And half my commercial was gone. Now you want me to do 130 with all my commercial, others commercial, and Orion calls it a 7.59 day. It is math, how is this correct? But I get paid by the hour. Save 3 bucks on gas and pay me 50. works for me.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
No Orion does not give you time to post on the clock.
it does not give you time for lunch or break, you must take it out when you are suppose to.
And I am going to do what some call whining, to the rest, I am giving you a scenario, that some will have the same problem with, that is what we do here, share info, get info, and occasionally :censored2:.
Did not get the ride, I have been threatened with. Again. I was 98.2, 12 miles over, again....... and 180 late. And it is documented by me, who documents too much...........that other drivers run it 22-27 mi over. and are just as late, but I digress. They know I have businesses loaded at the end of day, that I have to break for. They have had to call cover drivers, "hey such and such is calling they are getting ready to close, go the the bottom of Orion and get it delivered by 5!" I now only pull and get those off, because I care about my customers. Nothing else in the area, just them.
But before my air this am, I had 15 ground in the 7800 section, which Orion thought I should climb through the truck to service so I did. All resi. Got my air off and followed it spot on to the t, and the ridiculous pulls. Easy day for me. You mess up my sporh, with this am work, you mess up my overallow with the pulls, and no matter how hard you push me I will not work unsafely. So this is Orion. Yup, I cut miles. Even though I was still 12 over. And I got done fairly early. So my question is still. At peak you forced me to take a helper with 130 for 5 hours. And half my commercial was gone. Now you want me to do 130 with all my commercial, others commercial, and Orion calls it a 7.59 day. It is math, how is this correct? But I get paid by the hour. Save 3 bucks on gas and pay me 50. works for me.

That is it exactly.

O

OLDMAN3

Padding miles is considered dishonesty by UPS.
If they want to talk to you about too many miles, demand a Union Steward and don't discuss it till he is present.
With the Steward present, ask them were you broke trace and you will tell them why.
The Orion projection of miles is a fantasy number which should be completely discounted.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was only 61% in trace compliance yesterday,but was 7 miles under projected miles. Of course i was asked this morning of i could get my trace higher.......

wayfair

swollen member
I was only 61% in trace compliance yesterday,but was 7 miles under projected miles. Of course i was asked this morning of i could get my trace higher.......

I would let them know, to train the dispatcher to see how you run your route and to adjust ORION accordingly

Overpaid Union Thug

I have been over ORION miles every day but three since we've been on ORION. My total average for the year so far is probably 10 miles over and I have had weeks where I exceed that every day. I've also stuck with EDD (or my own way) an entire week. I've had three supervisor rides that were a joke and didn't result in anything useful. I simply do not care about their numbers and refuse to do stupid and dangerous crap in order to meet them. They know that it would be an epic disaster for them if they instructed me to "beat the miles or else" or "get a certain percentage or else." It's probably coming eventually though. Once a coward desk jockey decides to bark orders at a chain smoking Manager and/or on car supervisor through a conference call from miles away. Their hands will be tied and they'll have to comply but the results will be terrible for everyone involved. Including me. Likely so much that they'd back off after the first day or two.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have been over ORION miles every day but three since we've been on ORION. My total average for the year so far is probably 10 miles over and I have had weeks where I exceed that every day. I've also stuck with EDD (or my own way) an entire week. I've had three supervisor rides that were a joke and didn't result in anything useful. I simply do not care about their numbers and refuse to do stupid and dangerous crap in order to meet them. They know that it would be an epic disaster for them if they instructed me to "beat the miles or else" or "get a certain percentage or else." It's probably coming eventually though. Once a coward desk jockey decides to bark orders at a chain smoking Manager and/or on car supervisor through a conference call from miles away. Their hands will be tied and they'll have to comply but the results will be terrible for everyone involved. Including me. Likely so much that they'd back off after the first day or two.
HAHA. I welcome the ride, for someone to fix it. In order for it to be fixed, someone would actually have to listen to why it is not working, and actually give a crap. Instead of just beating their chest, because some big shot is there that day. And they are going to go ride with that bad girl with all the miles. Maybe they should go beat up on the staff Orion person who set this route up. If they dont remember his name, I do.

tracker2762

Padding miles is considered dishonesty by UPS.
If they want to talk to you about too many miles, demand a Union Steward and don't discuss it till he is present.
With the Steward present, ask them were you broke trace and you will tell them why.
The Orion projection of miles is a fantasy number which should be completely discounted.

I don't need to pad my miles, Orion does it for me

FilingBluesFL

Then don't comment on a message board if you don't want comments back you pompous ass.

Get over yourself. Seriously Mr narcissistic center of the world.

You've got balls calling others a joke , whining etc when you're the pathetic one who has very little to show for his life except a lonely condo, some cats and probably a bunch of dysfunctional relationships and regret.

Don't forget, he's not only an HOA member, he's also the President!

Dr.Brownz

I have seen it, and they gained more.

Buddy had a decent route. Bus till noon, res till 5, 20 minutes of pickups, little more res. Orion came in and they gave all his pickups away and added 25 stops.

Do they re loop the center when they implement EDD/Orion? (We are in the dark ages here we have nothing except area knowledge.) It would seem like to reduce miles ORION would decide to cram alot of bussiness on one route and then dump all pickups for those bussiness's on the end of the route, creating a route that consists of one street that you drive up and down 4 times

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Do they re loop the center when they implement EDD/Orion? (We are in the dark ages here we have nothing except area knowledge.) It would seem like to reduce miles ORION would decide to cram alot of bussiness on one route and then dump all pickups for those bussiness's on the end of the route, creating a route that consists of one street that you drive up and down 4 times
Nah, Orion itself doesn't move stuff from one route to another. It "optimizes" the work already on the route. The orion weenies are the ones who recommend making changes to routes to cut down on mileage.

If the EDD trace is so jacked up that Orion is completely nightmarish to a point where the orion weenie can't make their "solution" work, they'll turn off orion and tell the center manager/PDS to fix the DOL before they try to make orion work again.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nah, Orion itself doesn't move stuff from one route to another. It "optimizes" the work already on the route. The orion weenies are the ones who recommend making changes to routes to cut down on mileage.

If the EDD trace is so jacked up that Orion is completely nightmarish to a point where the orion weenie can't make their "solution" work, they'll turn off orion and tell the center manager/PDS to fix the DOL before they try to make orion work again.
So they ignored the failed EDD for years and now might actually be forced to fix it?

Overpaid Union Thug

I was told by one of the ORION people that if the DOLs are jacked up then there is no hope for ORION to work in those areas. I was like......"Then you guys should just pack up right now and move on to the next building." They had only been there a week. LOL!