Fooling telematics?

brown_trousers

Someone gave me some "tips" on telematics. Im wondering if there is any truth to them.

#1 telematics doesnt start recording until after you log into vehicle (enter DVIR info in diad) so do your backing at the building before logging into vehicle.

#2 if loading dock is downhill. instead of backing to a dock, go into neutral and coast backwards to the dock to avoid a back

PT Car Washer

Someone gave me some "tips" on telematics. Im wondering if there is any truth to them.

#1 telematics doesnt start recording until after you log into vehicle (enter DVIR info in diad) so do your backing at the building before logging into vehicle.

#2 if loading dock is downhill. instead of backing to a dock, go into neutral and coast backwards to the dock to avoid a back
Who cares? Have not heard a word about telematics in months.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

#1 I just had my truck out for repair. I kept putting my normal truck number in. Totally forgot. I got banged for 30 recording while idling.

#2 it is a purple line on the screening neutral. It used to work. Under 10 ft back. To complete a loop is still possible

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

#1 I just had my truck out for repair. I kept putting my normal truck number in. Totally forgot. I got banged for 30 recording while idling.

#2 it is a purple line on the screening neutral. It used to work. Under 10 ft back. To complete a loop is still possible

1. You cannot manually enter just the truck number.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
why are you trying to work unsafely?

just do what you’re told, how you’re told, this can be the simplest job ever if you’d just let it

also both of these things can be checked if they dig deeper in the reports

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
They don’t harass us about backing over here, they’re mostly worried about the really unsafe things like seatbelt violations, driving with the bulkhead door open and recording while traveling.

When it comes to excessive backing / back first violations, their attitude is more like “if you guys could cut that out that’d be greeeeat”.