for the apwa

local776

1,why has your fee gone up from your last meeting that you held in mechanicsburg pa. you was asked a question at the first meet --who was financing you and skillman replied, you are with your 150.00 membership fee, now you said on Nov 5th meeting that the fee is 250. so which is it.
2.how about a face to face debit with the teamsters (be gentlemen) so the employees can ask tough questions to both sides.

nospinzone

1,why has your fee gone up from your last meeting that you held in mechanicsburg pa. you was asked a question at the first meet --who was financing you and skillman replied, you are with your 150.00 membership fee, now you said on Nov 5th meeting that the fee is 250. so which is it.
You weren't listening, Local. This is a misrepresentation of what Skillman said. Please use some thought when attempting to discredit Skillman and Eason. What he said was, the membership fee, if your membership application is submitted prior to certification of APWA as the collective bargaining agent, is $150. This is a one time fee. Should your membership application be submitted AFTER the vote, then the fee will be $250. Also a one time fee. This initiation fee amount is similar to what Teamster locals currently charge. Obviously this is to encourage membership applications and financial support during the campaign.
2.how about a face to face debit with the teamsters (be gentlemen) so the employees can ask tough questions to both sides.
I'm not an officer; so this is not my decision to make. I suggest that you contact the officers and make this request. Seems like a reasonable request to me.

And your'e comment about being a gentlemen in a debate with Teamsters.....obviously you haven't watched the Leedham/Keegel debate. It was a pure smeer session seeing who could tear down the character of the other candidate. There were several times where I thought Keegel needed to pop a couple nitro pills to calm himself down.
Nospin:cool:

local776

You weren't listening, Local. This is a misrepresentation of what Skillman said. Please use some thought when attempting to discredit Skillman and Eason. What he said was, the membership fee, if your membership application is submitted prior to certification of APWA as the collective bargaining agent, is $150. This is a one time fee. Should your membership application be submitted AFTER the vote, then the fee will be $250. Also a one time fee. This initiation fee amount is similar to what Teamster locals currently charge. Obviously this is to encourage membership applications and financial support during the campaign.
I'm not an officer; so this is not my decision to make. I suggest that you contact the officers and make this request. Seems like a reasonable request to me.

And your'e comment about being a gentlemen in a debate with Teamsters.....obviously you haven't watched the Leedham/Keegel debate. It was a pure smeer session seeing who could tear down the character of the other candidate. There were several times where I thought Keegel needed to pop a couple nitro pills to calm himself down.
was at both meetings -were you ? most likely you werent. Skillman and Eason knew these people was from the freight side during the first meeting, so no i am not trying anything. The question was a strightforward one at the first meeting. the question at the first meeting was; Who was financing this union and the response from Skillman was: you are with your 150 membership fee and at no time did they ever mentioned more money if you joined after. Now at the second meeting things changed. No sir you need to stop trying to misled people. Look at their web site and tell me if it is not misleding the freight people. I believe it is. It says all UPS employees. Just as their statements on the freight people pension. I am not the only person that must have been misled and people from the freight side was led to believe they were going to get 4200 in pension but this must have beem a misconception of the statement that were made to them. I stand neutral from either side of the UNIONS. what i would like to see is a open forume from both UNIONS so there is no MISCONCEPTION .

Ironshot

Local,
You need to pay closer attention, Glad to hear you are being open minded.
The $150 is a discounted initiation fee. This fee also helps with travel and lodging etc. This should answer your other persistant question on where is the money coming from? When you aren't renting presidential suites, limos,first class airline seats and fine dining for a large posse; travel costs don't need to be excessive. Once a facility is recognized as APWA the fee goes up to a standard amount..Whether it is $225 or $250 it's not that much. So take the early bird special. Also the IBT has a similair fee but it is ($250 +$20 as of 2001) just taken out of your check weekly. This also occurs after a facility is recognized as IBT.

local776

Local,
You need to pay closer attention, Glad to hear you are being open minded.
The $150 is a discounted initiation fee. This fee also helps with travel and lodging etc. This should answer your other persistant question on where is the money coming from? When you aren't renting presidential suites, limos,first class airline seats and fine dining for a large posse; travel costs don't need to be excessive. Once a facility is recognized as APWA the fee goes up to a standard amount..Whether it is $225 or $250 it's not that much. So take the early bird special. Also the IBT has a similair fee but it is ($250 +$20 as of 2001) just taken out of your check weekly. This also occurs after a facility is recognized as IBT.
Sorry, no early bird for me.I will wait for Christmas thank you anyway. I was the one whom asked this question directly to Mr. Skillman " Who is financing this union and the reply was your are with your 150. fee." this was during the firt meet in Mechanicsburg I believe I needed a direct answer at that time

local776

nospin the fact is at the requet of the upsf employees

Gentleman Danny Eason And Van Skillman Are Only Out To Help Themselves Danny Eason Personally Commented Tome That If He Did Not Get The Pension He Felt He Was Promised Then He Did Not Care If - Any- Repeat Any Worker Got A Pension. I Know Danny Personally. I Am A Shop Steward In His Feeder Department. He Says He Can Run A Union But In 25 Plus Years He Couldn't Manage To Even Be A Steward. Think About It?

30andout

Gentleman Danny Eason And Van Skillman Are Only Out To Help Themselves Danny Eason Personally Commented Tome That If He Did Not Get The Pension He Felt He Was Promised Then He Did Not Care If - Any- Repeat Any Worker Got A Pension. I Know Danny Personally. I Am A Shop Steward In His Feeder Department. He Says He Can Run A Union But In 25 Plus Years He Couldn't Manage To Even Be A Steward. Think About It?
And I am supposed to believe this from a teamster shop steward? Teamsters won't even take the time to represent a 35 year member, their to busy making money for themselves.

nospinzone

try reading the very bottom of the page where it says "Source: UPS Uses Political Clout" * to Press for Cuts in Pension Benefits

in addition to the Bloomberg article you mentioned....

***Source: Know Your Pension, from ERISA data

ERISA... I hear that's pretty reliable? Care to attempt spinning their numbers, Local? Care to imply that ERISA is biased?

local776

sorry i meant the very bootm where it says UPS Press for Cuts in Pension Benefits. But according to some -UPS wants to protect the employees pension sounds like forked tounge

HRS-SLAVE

That's funny I was at the last meeting in mechanicsburg and i did'nt here anything said about that.P.S. Things are going good at hrs. Maybe not in your favor though!:w00t:

Cole

And I am supposed to believe this from a teamster shop steward? Teamsters won't even take the time to represent a 35 year member, their to busy making money for themselves.

Stewards don't get paid except our hourly wage, and obviousley there are some good and some not so good, but you shouldn't generalize all stewards like that. It's no easy task I can assure you.

30andout

Stewards don't get paid except our hourly wage, and obviousley there are some good and some not so good, but you shouldn't generalize all stewards like that. It's no easy task I can assure you.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Anyone can be a steward, and yes ours is getting paid to do it. Its not the shop stewards fault its just the teamsters in general.
Your right anyone can be a steward but not everyone has what it takes to be a good and fair steward and what it takes to stand up to management on someone elses behalf! As a steward you do not pay union dues, thats it we dont get a check from the union for the hours we put in, now if we are in the office representing an employee or presenting grievances yes ups is responsible to pay us that time.

30 why dont you run to be a steward?

Cole

It varies from local to local etc...In our local you pay dues as a steward, and can stay on the clock to process grievances etc...It is a stewards fault if they choose to lay down on the job. As Red stated anyone can be a steward, as long as your peers vote you in, but not everyone is willing to stand up, and go head to head, as is necessary at times.