FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL WHO ISN'T HOLY PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Merlin719

I am a 17 year old who has just gone through my first 30 days as an unloader and loader and they told me to have off for the next three days to see if I'm good for them for peak season.

personally I love any job that I have, although it's physically exhausting at first I believe that if you put your mind to it so will your body and I sure as hell see the results.

I'm the guy they put at the slowest truck but I clean off the packages from the rollers in a breeze and help take care of jams/ help other more experienced and newbies at filling their trucks and I'M FREAKING THE :censored2: OUT.

Again I love my job, I love this job and I :censored2:ING LOVE THE CHALLENGE. No lie.

Does anyone know what they're gonna be asking about me? Because I can't.

Adrian.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am a 17 year old who has just gone through my first 30 days as an unloader and loader and they told me to have off for the next three days to see if I'm good for them for peak season.

personally I love any job that I have, although it's physically exhausting at first I believe that if you put your mind to it so will your body and I sure as hell see the results.

I'm the guy they put at the slowest truck but I clean off the packages from the rollers in a breeze and help take care of jams/ help other more experienced and newbies at filling their trucks and I'M FREAKING THE :censored2: OUT.

Again I love my job, I love this job and I :censored2:ING LOVE THE CHALLENGE. No lie.

Adrian.

Stay in high school and take an English class

El Correcto

god is dead

Adrian.
If you truly like this job, put it out of your head for the next three days. They’ll most likely keep you on the hook for seasonal at the very least, if they don’t just keep you as a permanent body.

You just got to quit fearing what could happen to you anytime they postpone or hint at something or you’ll be absolutely miserable at this company. They do that a lot , don’t let your mind play tricks on you and work yourself into an anxiety circles.

PT Car Washer

Adrian.
Don't know where you are located, but could the storm on the East Coast be effecting your volume? UPS plays these head games all the time. The job is definitely a challenge until you figure out the game they play.

IESucks

Adrian.
No

DirtySouth

Adrian.

Did you finish your thirty working days? If so, you have seniority and can't be sent home like that without your guarantee or being formally laid off.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Adrian.

It's so cute when they're new.

OP, not only will you almost assuredly keep your job, (Unless you lied, and you actually suck), but you're going to become management's favorite new whipping boy.

Here's an actual picture of you during this upcoming peak.:bloodshot:

Enjoy!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How much can you Bench Press? Start eating a high protein diet and never lift a over 70 without help..Here is a hint during this coming Peak..Stay away from your supervisor or manager they tend to be very close to going "Postal" during that time.

That 3 day time off thing..Make sure you documented..Or call in at least once during your (time off)..Just to be on the safe side..

trickpony1

That 3 day time off thing..Make sure you documented..Or call in at least once during your (time off)..Just to be on the safe side..

Call in on your cell phone so it documents "calls made".

I'm wondering if this "three day thing" is to keep you from making seniority because, in some areas, seniority cant be made during the "free period" which is coming soon.

You might consider just showing up for work. This shows the company you're "gung ho", a "go getter" and anxious to work.

It would help if we knew whether you've passed the probationary period and are now a seniority employee.

"...to see if I'm good for them for peak season.". I've never heard of that. You might call the union hall and talk to your UPS business agent.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much can you Bench Press? Start eating a high protein diet and never lift a over 70 without help..Here is a hint during this coming Peak..Stay away from your supervisor or manager they tend to be very close to going "Postal" during that time.

Bench Press? He hasn't even started shaving yet.

trickpony1

In post #11, I suggested the OP contact the BA or, at least, a steward in the building.

Is the company pulling some tricks like, "...well...you were NCNS for three days so you're fired..." or;

the kid is close to making book so they will disrupt his 30 days worked and OOPS!... you're in the free period where making booking is impossible.

We hope the OP will share the conclusion of this event.

Merlin719

Stay in high school and take an English class
Thanks for the tip :happy-very:

In post #11, I suggested the OP contact the BA or, at least, a steward in the building.

Is the company pulling some tricks like, "...well...you were NCNS for three days so you're fired..." or;

the kid is close to making book so they will disrupt his 30 days worked and OOPS!... you're in the free period where making booking is impossible.

We hope the OP will share the conclusion of this event.

They said they would either call me, otherwise I would have to show up on Friday to continue working. That's it.

I don't even have a phone number for the distribution center, only for some guy in HR that's waaaaaaaay out of town.

I also can't see how the weather could be affecting my job, i'm in the Midwest and other than storms, floods and the rare tornado nothing happens over by us.

rickyb

Adrian.
why are you freaking out about a :censored2: job at UPS?

ask the guys who make alot of money how many hours a week they work. is this something you really want? the company treats workers like dirt.

if your desperate for money, then you can live in a camper rent free.

i would go into either healthcare first choice, or computers, or do a trade if you have hands on ability.

theres going to be a depression / recession soon, so if you dont have seniority expect to be laid off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
why are you freaking out about a :censored2: job at UPS?

ask the guys who make alot of money how many hours a week they work. is this something you really want? the company treats workers like dirt.

if your desperate for money, then you can live in a camper rent free.

i would go into either healthcare first choice, or computers, or do a trade if you have hands on ability.

theres going to be a depression / recession soon, so if you dont have seniority expect to be laid off.

Communist that lives in moms basement and plays video games giving life advice

Lmao

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Yes... I like casually walking up and down the load lines waiting for my trailer to pull and watch these sups about ready to blow a gasket... especially the full timers all on their cell phones....it’s my nightly entertainment.... absolutely pitiful....