Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Just got the word that family from Alabama that I haven't seen since I moved to California is coming here...drunk ice skating? Don't mind if I do. You think I care about your packages?! ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!!!

Box Ox

About $35 an hour. Otherwise I'd just be a stay at home dad. ;)

I mean when the whole immediate and extended family is off and together. And you have a choice to make. The extra money or the chance to see everyone before everyone scatters to resume their normal work weeks/lives.

Normal workweeks are a given. Rare family time is not. What Christmas Eve hourly rate gets you to sacrifice that time for the driver's seat?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I mean when the whole immediate and extended family is off and together. And you have a choice to make. The extra money or the chance to see everyone before everyone scatters to resume their normal work weeks/lives.

Normal workweeks are a given. Rare family time is not. What Christmas Eve hourly rate gets you to sacrifice that time for the driver's seat?
Apparently about $35 an hour since most of us work Christmas Eve every other year.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I'm gonna make over 2 million dollars in the next 22 years before I retire...wtf is an extra couple hundred on Christmas Eve? some of you willing to say "screw you" to your family over a giant company that doesn't give a DAMN about you have some thinking to do. My god

Trackless in brown

A lot of these guys have had the crap worked out of them would like to just enjoy a three day weekend with family and friends.
we charge a premium for our service..we need to go the extra mile sometimes..you will have plenty of 3 day weekends in the summer..suck it up butttercup!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Y
Again, what you said is laughable. Guys always crack up and laugh by me saying I should write a book on how to be a UPS driver......said they should put a monument up of me when I hang it up.....and implore me to join the union to represent them because I keep them on a tight leash. Yourself and others I guess would just have to be in my building to see firsthand for yourself to understand and believe me. They see me get little perks so to say......do or say things others would be let go for.
And my friend......my :censored2: will fly wherever I go in life because I have what's called self respect.....I don't get stepped on. I put my neck on the line standing up for myself and took heat without crying to the union for many years here and faced so much harassment you would not believe it. Threatened with anything and everything. Was never broken and now they pretty much gave up because the faster their mouths run the slower my feet move.
Having a sharp and fast thinking mind.....big heart......and good sized balls keeps me in the game.

Lastly.....all I can suggest is for drivers not to be so afraid and intimidated by UPS just because they're such a huge company. Don't be such a doormat and pushover for them or they will drain everything from you as much as possible because again.....THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!! All you are is an employee number in their system......treat you all like unbreakable machines in their quest for numbers and performance.

If more drivers got wise and did the job properly without cutting corners in so many ways they would have no choice but to put more routes in and lighten workloads. So many guys complain about the company burying them with work yet it's our own union drivers who allow it and condone it with garbage "fast food" work methods. SLOW DOWN and DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY!!
You all listen to Do it by the book, do yourselves a favor! I'm glad after being burned over and over again, I adapted this attitude. I would have never made it to retirement had I not. This is my 3rd peak in retirement, loving life now! Almost (almost) have forgotten what that kind of work was like. Enjoy seeing my driver when he delivers here. He seems like a very smart guy as well☺️

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Just got asked to work Saturday. Naw bruh, we finna get drunk at Gillette stadium to see my pats smash up on some jets. Merry Christmas everyone, you all earned it.

Little side note: this place is VERY light today compared to the rest of peak. We're talking about 900 pieces in the 4 trucks im loading. Ill take it anyday