Forcing RPCD's into 22.4 positions?

sorefeet

Bids are going on in my center right now, I'm in my 2nd year of progression, I've been a M-friend full time cover guy since I started. All the Tues-sat routes that used to run by RPCD's are now classified as 22.4 routes & they have only put 4 M-friend cover spots up for bid ( we have at least 12 m-friend cover guys )
My union steward told me if i bid a Tues-sat 22 .4 route i will become a 22.4 with lower pay. There are no more m-friend spots & they are trying to force at least 6 RPCD's into 22.4 .
This seems like total bull:censored2:
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm in NE local 25

JJ85

That’s impossible I’m local 25 Saturday driver. Going Monday thru Friday all the 22.4 is cover Tuesday thru Saturday what station are u in

WTFm8

Bids are going on in my center right now, I'm in my 2nd year of progression, I've been a M-friend full time cover guy since I started. All the Tues-sat routes that used to run by RPCD's are now classified as 22.4 routes & they have only put 4 M-friend cover spots up for bid ( we have at least 12 m-friend cover guys )
My union steward told me if i bid a Tues-sat 22 .4 route i will become a 22.4 with lower pay. There are no more m-friend spots & they are trying to force at least 6 RPCD's into 22.4 .
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm in NE local 25

Most covers aren’t RPCD. Progression only takes 1 time. They can’t take money away if you go 22.4, you get red circled until your 22.4 rate goes above it.

It’s why some guys don’t care and stay covers at RPCD progression as a ‘part timer’ if they’re close to 3rd year/28.75 or close to 4th/top rate. It’s going to take the company a while to hire enough drivers that they’d have to worry about not driving and by then they’ll make ~$40 vs ~$36 as a 22.4.

ManInBrown

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm in NE local 25
That’s crazy. There is no way they can do that. You are a RPCD

DriverNerd

I see no way they can remove you from a RCPD to 22.4 just because they're short drivers, but I don't see a problem with them moving you to a 22.4 if you sign a route bid that specifically says it's a 22.4.

UPSjedi41

It is my understanding that you can bid into 22.4 from RPCD but can’t be forced to. Do not sign anything!!! Get your steward or business agent. If you sign, you are screwed.

UPSjedi41

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm in NE local 25
It’s sound like a typical screw job. They want you to sign a bid that makes you 22.4. You can be forced to work Saturdays as an RPCD but can’t change your job classification.

WTFm8

It’s sound like a typical screw job. They want you to sign a bid that makes you 22.4. You can be forced to work Saturdays as an RPCD but can’t change your job classification.

Nope, 22.4 language also spells out that RPCD are M-friend 5 consecutive days if work is available.

Just call in/off that day an hour prior and grieve if they use a day or discipline.

Boston25

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm in NE local 25
You wouldn’t be switched to a 22.4. You’re job is red circled under the contract as a RCPD. Which center in Chelmsford are you in?

Boston25

Most covers aren’t RPCD. Progression only takes 1 time. They can’t take money away if you go 22.4, you get red circled until your 22.4 rate goes above it.

It’s why some guys don’t care and stay covers at RPCD progression as a ‘part timer’ if they’re close to 3rd year/28.75 or close to 4th/top rate. It’s going to take the company a while to hire enough drivers that they’d have to worry about not driving and by then they’ll make ~$40 vs ~$36 as a 22.4.
^^ what he said.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm in NE local 25
Are there 22.3 people bidding back into package?

sorefeet

Update: Guess that was just a rumor going around. I bid yesterday though they only had 4 M-friend cover spots in my center which is insane. I had to bid to a different center in our building but will remain a RPCD.