Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
What government official dosent need a $7,000 coffee pot.I completely understand why so much is taken from my check.
Somebody has to pay down,that 18 trillion!
Beginning in 1981, President Ronald Reagan began an expansion in the size and capabilities of the United States armed forces, which entailed major new expenditures on weapons procurement. By the mid-1980s, this spending became a scandal when the Project On Government Oversight reported that the Pentagon had vastly overpaid for a wide variety of items, most notoriously paying $435 for a hammer,[1] $600 for a toilet seat, and $7,000 for a coffee pot.[2

What government official dosent need a $7,000 coffee pot.I completely understand why so much is taken from my check.
Beginning in 1981, President Ronald Reagan began an expansion in the size and capabilities of the United States armed forces, which entailed major new expenditures on weapons procurement. By the mid-1980s, this spending became a scandal when the Project On Government Oversight reported that the Pentagon had vastly overpaid for a wide variety of items, most notoriously paying $435 for a hammer,[1] $600 for a toilet seat, and $7,000 for a coffee pot.[2
He also ,tapped the S.S. fund.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Same here. From how much I got robbed!
Somebody has to pay down,that 18 trillion!

Do you guys not file tax returns?
You do realize that money was just withheld, right?
At the end of the year you will be assessed at a certain rate in relation to your year to date earnings.
This will determine the amount you owe or are refunded.

It pains me to agree with Dave, but you can control all of this with manipulation of your W4.
I welcome this extra withholding, as I usually owe at the end of the year because I hate the notion of the government holding my money interest free.

That being said, I agree we are over taxed in the end.
I just hate it when I hear people acting like they don't want the overtime because they will be "over taxed", when in reality they were just withheld at a high tax bracket.
In the end, it all comes out in the wash.

Do you guys not file tax returns?
You do realize that money was just withheld, right?
At the end of the year you will be assessed at a certain rate in relation to your year to date earnings.
This will determine the amount you owe or are refunded.

It pains me to agree with Dave, but you can control all of this with manipulation of your W4.
I welcome this extra withholding, as I usually owe at the end of the year because I hate the notion of the government holding my money interest free.
I had 2 guys ask me,why did we get 16 hours holiday pay?? Really?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't blame the government for your inability or unwillingness to plan ahead.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Forgot that. Working Friday, July 3 is going to be a cluster. Routes will be cut left and right because of closings. Drivers will get screwed with split work!

wayfair

swollen member
Forgot that. Working Friday, July 3 is going to be a cluster. Routes will be cut left and right because of closings. Drivers will get screwed with split work!
All of my pickups are open and will be shipping... the oilfield never shuts down.