Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
they are foregoing the hours of service regs for yard shifters so some will be working 80 hours a week. ( not on road does not count, they say )

TTown Brown

I am in the Central region and was informed today that I was not scheduled to work on Friday. I am new to Full time and low on the seniority list in my center but want to work. Is there anything that I can do? Thanks

I am in the Central region and was informed today that I was not scheduled to work on Friday. I am new to Full time and low on the seniority list in my center but want to work. Is there anything that I can do? Thanks
Show up Friday morning dressed and ready to work. The worse that happens is you get sent home. Or another driver volunteers to go home and you work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If Election Day was any indication...most seasonal drivers probably aren't working on Black Friday. Many FT drivers won't pass up double time.

bowflex

I'm a reg temp driver. 2nd year and a new hub. Next year I will change hubs again. Definitely don't want full time. I like the grind. make some money and move on. The only thing I don't like about this change is that this season I am working out of state so I will miss Thanksgiving with the family. I am pretty sure I won't be needed Friday but I knew what I was signing up for so I won't be calling out Friday .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Pfft guard shacks. You work at too big of a center. Lol

If it's really crowded sometimes I have to walk 100ft to the center instead of 10 ft.
2014-11-26-21-16-14-439300050.jpeg

iowa boy

I looked last night before I left our building, we are not working any seasonal drivers and had cut 6 routes, but we are allowed helpers. All this with the same projected volume we had Monday and Tuesday. Looks to be another 12 hour day.

upsgrunt

Pfft guard shacks. You work at too big of a center. Lol

If it's really crowded sometimes I have to walk 100ft to the center instead of 10 ft.

When I back my personal truck into a parking space, I am literally 50 feet from the automatic overhead door where my package car is parked. I open the door 8 feet, put my lunchbox in the cab, and walk out to the rear entrance door, which is maybe 100 feet to the north. I guess I should feel lucky to be in a small center.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm going into tomorrow thinking it should be a gravy day but anticipating some fool above will overthink it and turn it into a nightmare. It's what we do.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
BONUS. its going to snow tonight so I can run out of hours 200 miles from the hub and have a onroad pick me up Saturday afternoon.