Free Money For Drugs, Booze, Etc!!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Finland just finished a 2 year trial of universal basic income and opted not to continue the program.
Yes, but this is California where the Democrats know what's best for her children.

This continuation of the 40 years "welfare state" has failed miserably where the state is bankrupt and people with money are leaving in droves. Moonbeam just suggested a tax on drinking water.

We will have no other choice to leave ourselves if this gets worse. We live in a beautiful area of the Sierra Mountains but every year we are getting squeezed more and more. During my career I was paying about 5000-7000 more living in California than my co-workers who lived in Nevada. Since retiring that has gone down quite a bit since our income has gone down two thirds.

It will be interesting when we both start collecting SS in August to see what the tax bite will be.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes, but this is California where the Democrats know what's best for her children.

This continuation of the 40 years "welfare state" has failed miserably where the state is bankrupt and people with money are leaving in droves. Moonbeam just suggested a tax on drinking water.

We will have no other choice to leave ourselves if this gets worse. We live in a beautiful area of the Sierra Mountains but every year we are getting squeezed more and more. During my career I was paying about 5000-7000 more living in California than my co-workers who lived in Nevada. Since retiring that has gone down quite a bit since our income has gone down two thirds.

It will be interesting when we both start collecting SS in August to see what the tax bite will be.
Where would you go?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Now I’m triggered and my feelings are hurt.
23B8D450-DFF2-4D0F-A650-C16B4ECBEFBE.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When I was a kid I always said that if I lived in Florida, my dream job would be a cruise ship captain and if I lived in Alaska I would be a crab fisherman. Well I think I know what I'd be doing if I lived in California.