Free Money For Drugs, Booze, Etc!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2A808BCC-270D-43CF-B8BF-684BF70E27D8.jpeg
Get you a piece of cardboard and a sharpie

And go make some $$$

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
..."The purpose is to study how an extra $500 a month impacts people’s health and stress level. Researchers are also looking to see if people feel financially secure".

How do they measure such subjective things? What happens when the gravy train is shut off?

Wally

Tuition is expensive and wages r low
Not our problem. Tuition is expensive because government got involved. Before the 80's tuition was something most students could handle. Of course, living conditions and campus life was basic.

rickyb

Not our problem. Tuition is expensive because government got involved. Before the 80's tuition was something most students could handle. Of course, living conditions and campus life was basic.
ronald reagan started it bc cali students were protesting. it was social control. now ive heard govt defunded it to some degree and maybe lending ppl money drives up the costs?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Get ready, $1000 a month is coming Los Angeles! They call the program: “Breathe: LA County’s Guaranteed Income Program,”. After 3 years the lucky winners will have collected $36,000! What changes can we expect at that time?

Well you have to make less than 56k in LA to qualify for $1000 a month for 3 years.

So the result is to just delay the inevitable realization that you can't afford to live in LA. Honestly I don't know how poor people stay there.

Wally

Well you have to make less than 56k in LA to qualify for $1000 a month for 3 years.

So the result is to just delay the inevitable realization that you can't afford to live in LA. Honestly I don't know how poor people stay there.
The whole alleged purpose of this giveaway was to study what happens when you give free money to poor folk. Then, they build in the rules, an opt out of the study provision? Makes zero sense? That provision could really skew results.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The whole alleged purpose of this giveaway was to study what happens when you give free money to poor folk. Then, they build in the rules, an opt out of the study provision? Makes zero sense? That provision could really skew results.
The program has worked in other areas. ( suspicious they are cooking the results )
I just don't agree with it. Middle class always suffer the most with more taxes.
Why should we be punished for working hard, saving for a rainy day , investing , etc.???

Darwinism should prevail.......survival of the fittest.

More vote buying.

Wally

The program has worked in other areas. ( suspicious they are cooking the results )
I just don't agree with it. Middle class always suffer the most with more taxes.
Why should we be punished for working hard, saving for a rainy day , investing , etc.???

Darwinism should prevail.......survival of the fittest.

More vote buying.
How do they define "working"?