Free money!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BeachBoy, Jan 18, 2020.

1. BeachBoy

BeachBoy Member

So, post-peak budget cutting, they decided to save money by sending people home that punched in a minute late. Everyone of them has been told to grieve it and get their guaranteed 3.5 or 8 hours.
    Is management just pushing the costs into the next fiscal quarter or do they really believe they are saving money?
    All the seasonals we kept on are getting disgusted at being sent home or getting 15 hours a week and quitting.
    Two weeks from now, when volume picks up again and we are short staffed, they will be begging people to come in early/stay late.
    Do they ever learn (rhetorical)?

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I'm interested to hear the result of that grievance. I've heard that if you're late without calling, they owe you nothing.
    Why were they late?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Give him a break. It was a late fortnite night.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Smooth move guys. If I was management from now on whoever was a second late I would send them home without pay and start the discipline progress.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. You do know that if you are late for work that you don't have a guarantee?

And seasonals are now done for the year.

Go read a contract book.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
  6. Wilson1397

Wilson1397 Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

But I don't see any pictures 20200118_131851.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. You must have a weak local...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

how come you can’t get to work on time?

9. MattM

MattM Active Member

Disgusted at 15 hrs/ week? We used to get 12. 90% just show up for the fabulous insurance. Pension and trust are icing for a PT job.

We're only guaranteed 3-3.5 per day. They would make us sweep and pick up trash.

These newcomers don't know how good they had it.

10. You are guaranteed 3.5

11. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Not mine, but it needed immortalizing.

What Gumby said.

National: 22.5

12. MattM

MattM Active Member

Air ramp is guaranteed 3. And we work holidays that fall during the week at normal rate. I sometimes wonder if we're even considered real employees.

I remember those initiation fee pay checks combined with low pay, and low hours. We'd be lucky to break $40.

13. Go sign a driving bid

14. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

Almost half way through this contract already and none of us have gotten a copy of that yet. I mean it’s worth less than toilet paper at this point but still.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Never read about sending late punches home in the contract. I would refuse to leave and call for some union representative.

16. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

Thats B.S. as long as your area has a history of not sending people home when they are late, which is 99% of the year, they will win. Very easy to prove. A simple information request for All time cards for the WHOLE YEAR along with ALL payroll histories. I love burying retarded Managers with massive information requests when they :censored2: up. It will be easier to just pay the grievance. Or everyone could come in 1 minute late one day and you will all be fighting over who gets to go home! Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

1 person should just file 1 grievance to make "all the affected members" whole. The local could probably just file ET-al to include any member in the local union area.

18. Wally

upload_2020-1-18_15-48-13.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. Wally

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List