Free money!

BeachBoy

So, post-peak budget cutting, they decided to save money by sending people home that punched in a minute late. Everyone of them has been told to grieve it and get their guaranteed 3.5 or 8 hours.
Is management just pushing the costs into the next fiscal quarter or do they really believe they are saving money?
All the seasonals we kept on are getting disgusted at being sent home or getting 15 hours a week and quitting.
Two weeks from now, when volume picks up again and we are short staffed, they will be begging people to come in early/stay late.
Do they ever learn (rhetorical)?

over9five

Staff member
I'm interested to hear the result of that grievance. I've heard that if you're late without calling, they owe you nothing.
Why were they late?

Indecisi0n

So, post-peak budget cutting, they decided to save money by sending people home that punched in a minute late. Everyone of them has been told to grieve it and get their guaranteed 3.5 or 8 hours.
Is management just pushing the costs into the next fiscal quarter or do they really believe they are saving money?
All the seasonals we kept on are getting disgusted at being sent home or getting 15 hours a week and quitting.
Two weeks from now, when volume picks up again and we are short staffed, they will be begging people to come in early/stay late.
Smooth move guys. If I was management from now on whoever was a second late I would send them home without pay and start the discipline progress.

You do know that if you are late for work that you don't have a guarantee?

And seasonals are now done for the year.

Go read a contract book.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
You do know that if you are late for work that you don't have a guarantee?

And seasonals are now done for the year.

Go read a contract book.
But I don't see any pictures
20200118_131851.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

how come you can’t get to work on time?

MattM

Disgusted at 15 hrs/ week? We used to get 12. 90% just show up for the fabulous insurance. Pension and trust are icing for a PT job.

We're only guaranteed 3-3.5 per day. They would make us sweep and pick up trash.

These newcomers don't know how good they had it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Disgusted at 15 hrs/ week? We used to get 12. 90% just show up for the fabulous insurance. Pension and trust are icing for a PT job.

We're only guaranteed 3-3.5 per day. They would make us sweep and pick up trash.

These newcomers don't know how good they had it.

What Gumby said.

National: 22.5
(d) All part-time employees governed by this Article shall be provided a minimum daily three and one-half (3-1/2) hour guarantee.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Never read about sending late punches home in the contract. I would refuse to leave and call for some union representative.

Maplewood

I'm interested to hear the result of that grievance. I've heard that if you're late without calling, they owe you nothing.
Why were they late?

Thats B.S. as long as your area has a history of not sending people home when they are late, which is 99% of the year, they will win. Very easy to prove. A simple information request for All time cards for the WHOLE YEAR along with ALL payroll histories. I love burying retarded Managers with massive information requests when they :censored2: up. It will be easier to just pay the grievance. Or everyone could come in 1 minute late one day and you will all be fighting over who gets to go home! Lol

Maplewood

1 person should just file 1 grievance to make "all the affected members" whole. The local could probably just file ET-al to include any member in the local union area.