Freightliner Just Revealed The First Real Road-Legal Autonomous Big Rig

alister

The switchboard operators got down sized and the communication industry is still growing. I bet the operators thought their jobs were to complex for machines to do too.

Browndriver5

The switchboard operators got down sized and the communication industry is still growing. I bet the operators thought their jobs were to complex for machines to do too.

Answering a phone is far different from driving a 80,000 pound truck down the road don't ya think?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

alister

Of course it is. What part of in the future are you not comprehending.

I hope you're just messing with us to have some fun on the net otherwise just wow.

You've been confronted with many facts pointing how that history says you're wrong and you reply is that of a 3 year old. Well I don't believe it so it's not gonna happen.
I don't mind dropping it down to a three year ok level if that's what it takes to get them to understand :P

Browndriver5

Of course it is. What part of in the future are you not comprehending.

I hope you're just messing with us to have some fun on the net otherwise just wow.

You've been confronted with many facts pointing how that history says you're wrong and you reply is that of a 3 year old. Well I don't believe it so it's not gonna happen.

2022 is in the future lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Is this technology going to be used to eliminate jobs? No doubt about it. Is it going to happen in the near future? No possibility of it happening.

Brownslave688

Answering a phone is far different from driving a 80,000 pound truck down the road don't ya think?
Not really. That's what technology does. It takes things that were once thought to be nearly impossible and turns them into things that you just consider a part of everyday life.

Brownslave688

Is this technology going to be used to eliminate jobs? No doubt about it. Is it going to happen in the near future? No possibility of it happening.
That's all depends on what you consider near. 5 years no. 30-40 years (the average working life of an adult) you bet.

Browndriver5

I suggest you read up on moores law.

We have made more advances in the last 20 years than we did in the 100 years before then. Think compounding intrest. That's how technology works. It builds on itself.

I have read on Moores law and its not a natural law bro. Its just a projection and people can be wrong and progress does slow at some point.

oldngray

nowhere special
But
You were comparing tech from different time periods. The computers and more importantly., the programing is not what it was 20 years

Programming has not changed as much as you might think. Most operating systems other than Windows use a version of Unix. Most of the changes have been related to the internet and not about running applications.

Brownslave688

I have read on Moores law and its not a natural law bro. Its just a projection and people can be wrong and progress does slow at some point.
Yeah but as far as sheer technology goes they have said this won't be a problem in just 5 years.

We dont need 30 years of moores law to make driverless cars work. We just need 4-5 years. After that it's about the public slowly adapting the tech and it becoming a little cheaper.