Friendly Teamster Note

NoRespect

Would like to say Happy New Years to my hard working bothers and sisters out there ... This was an eventful year ( with the force 6th day , harassment , very long hours ) Just another Good old non respectful year from good old UPS ... This is contract year guys we really need to stand together ... Our present board is weak but if everyone participates and votes this year we can get them out of office ... We can't have another 3 years of this nightmare... So please no short cuts , do the right thing , dont fall in a trap in where management has u right in there hands... Hopefully we can all have another year together and not have our fate rest upon an arbitrator desk....

Heavy Package

This was an eventful year ( with the force 6th day , harassment , very long hours ) Just another Good old non respectful year from good old UPS ... This is contract year guys we really need to stand together

I am grateful for the past Teamsters and Union who have given us the pay and benefits we have. We need to address the following head on this contract, and I consider all of these as #1 issues

1. Maintain our health and pension benefits
2. Address PT wages and 22.3 jobs
3. Address workplace harassment and forced OT (regardless of job position)
4. Put in place a stop to PVDs and gypsies
5. Better language and protections for Saturday / Sunday work AND how it affects Monday routes
6. Pay increases in line with Management raises
7. Stand with our Airline Mechanic Brothers who are getting SCREWED

2018 will be an interesting year from BOTH UPS and our Union. I'm voting on my principles for a better Union, better contract for all of our brothers and sisters, and for a strong UPS who can and should want a happier, more dedicated, and united workforce.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I agree with you brother, but Ups will likely bend Hoffa over like they always do and we get a crappy contract with more consessions. We may be able to get 2/7 of your proposals if we are lucky. I will be voting NO if I see anything that has to do with give backs or PVDs

and how much of a pay raise do you think we get every year?
4790154.gif

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I agree with you brother, but Ups will likely bend Hoffa over like they always do and we get a crappy contract with more consessions. We may be able to get 2/7 of your proposals if we are lucky. I will be voting NO if I see anything that has to do with give backs or PVDs
I will also vote NO to any language that allows UPS to use the 70 hr rule. It doesn’t matter what they do to Hoffa, if we vote NO it forces his hand and he will have no choice but to go back and negotiate a better contract. Or we strike simple as that.

BigBrown87

How can they vote if they don't pay union dues?
Part timers do pay union dues, so they can vote. The only problem is only half vote at best. That’s why they get shafted in contracts. I hope they do vote and win a better pay increase they deserve.

I will also vote NO to any language that allows UPS to use the 70 hr rule. It doesn’t matter what they do to Hoffa, if we vote NO it forces his hand and he will have no choice but to go back and negotiate a better contract. Or we strike simple as that.
I could see using the 70 rule Xmas week but that should be it it's too many hours of physical labor.

BigBrown87

and how much of a pay raise do you think we get every year?
Sorry managemnet you opted for non-union job, therefore you are on your own. Instead of going out busting your humps and actually doing the work you get no representation for your pay or benefits. I’m sure you were real happy that they froze your pension plan a few months back. Should have opted for the blue pill instead of the red one lol.

BigBrown87

I could see using the 70 rule Xmas week but that should be it it's too many hours of physical labor.
The problem is if you give them An inch they take a mile. Don’t think this was a surprise that this happened, ups knew this option was in there back pocket and used it like an old condom on prom night.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Sorry management you opted for non-union job, therefore you are on your own. Instead of going out busting your humps and actually doing the work you get no representation for your pay or benefits. I’m sure you were real happy that they froze your pension plan a few months back. Should have opted for the blue pill instead of the red one lol.

Thank you for the pension concern but my pension is just fine, if the teamsters are giving you stock in UPS or teamsters and matching up to 18% in 401K we still come out ahead. As far as the 70 hour rule, you want to have something in the contract that minimizes or restricts a federal regulation? (don’t think this was a surprise that this happened, ups knew this option was in there back pocket and used it like an old condom on prom night.) You do know that it is a federal regulation and not something just made up right?

FMCA - Summary of Hours of Service.

BigBrown87

Thank you for the pension concern but my pension is just fine, if the teamsters are giving you stock in UPS or teamsters and matching up to 18% in 401K we still come out ahead. As far as the 70 hour rule, you want to have something in the contract that minimizes or restricts a federal regulation? (don’t think this was a surprise that this happened, ups knew this option was in there back pocket and used it like an old condom on prom night.) You do know that it is a federal regulation and not something just made up right?

Local in New England made it where they had to negotiate the terms so they decided not to allow them to use 70 hr rule. So yeah I do want them to restrict ups from using it in the master agreement next contract

BigBrown87

Anything to allow me to see my daughter at least once this holiday season before she has to go to bed. Not that management cares but I actually like my family time if you where unaware.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Sorry managemnet you opted for non-union job, therefore you are on your own. Instead of going out busting your humps and actually doing the work you get no representation for your pay or benefits. I’m sure you were real happy that they froze your pension plan a few months back. Should have opted for the blue pill instead of the red one lol.
if i wasn't happy with my pay or benefits i'd just work someplace else

also screw the pension, the 401k matching is far better in the long run for me