Full time driver benefits

how long does it take to get benefits (i.e. insurance, paid holidays, paid time off) once you qualify as a driver and make full time seniority. I’m in the Chesapeake district, Philadelphia area.

542thruNthru

how long does it take to get benefits (i.e. insurance, paid holidays, paid time off) once you qualify as a driver and make full time seniority. I’m in the Chesapeake district, Philadelphia area.

9 months for health benefits.

Most areas are 1 year for vacation, holidays and sick days. Depends on your supplmental language.

Actually thank the people who would get job here get all kinds of surgeries and then quit.....The Leeches
That's why the made the wait for health insurance longer, until this last contract.

When I started it was 30 days for you and 69 days for family coverage.

And a lot of people did work for only a few months burn up the insurance and then quit.

542thruNthru

Actually thank the people who would get job here get all kinds of surgeries and then quit.....The Leeches

You start drinking early today?

Also the women that would get hired knowing they are pregnant and work a few months. Then be put on light duty per the doctor's orders, have the baby then quit.

I am talking about as a newly full time driver just qualified and made full time seniority. One person says 9 months another “as soon as you qualify”. This is my issue. I drove during peak last year, went to part time on preload, then was given the opportunity to qualify about a month and a half ago. Monday will be my 30th full time working day. I asked hr when I would get benefits after qualifying. One person told me about 8 weeks after qualifying another told me 9 months from my part time start date. Which is it?? My on road sup told me he thought a year, but he wasn’t sure. I am just trying to get a definitive answer to this for planning purposes, I have kids that I am currently paying out of pocket for and need an answer to what I thought would be an easy question...initially.

Trash Panda

I am talking about as a newly full time driver just qualified and made full time seniority. One person says 9 months another “as soon as you qualify”. This is my issue. I drove during peak last year, went to part time on preload, then was given the opportunity to qualify about a month and a half ago. Monday will be my 30th full time working day. I asked hr when I would get benefits after qualifying. One person told me about 8 weeks after qualifying another told me 9 months from my part time start date. Which is it?? My on road sup told me he thought a year, but he wasn’t sure. I am just trying to get a definitive answer to this for planning purposes, I have kids that I am currently paying out of pocket for and need an answer to what I thought would be an easy question...initially.
I got a similar run around as most of the people I've spoke to haven't had to deal with new hires in feeders.
I got the enrollment/life insurance/hyatt legal etc packet in the mail during my seasonal period last year and thought why am i getting this when ill just be dismissed in jan.

Fast forward and got another packet in the mail recently and actually read it this time. You need to register online. Under Your Benefits Resources, at upsers.

Just speculation but I'm guessing they check your status after you enroll and send necessary cards out from there.

Add in: Guess the enrollment packet is for additional coverage add on stuff.

Last edited:

1stgear

I was hired for peak last year, laid off and took a withdrawal card from the union, came back as an RPCD and got my benefits package saying I was qualified for insurance a few weeks ago. They counted my peak, lay-off and time back as an RPCD.