Full time pay increase next contract?

Tony Q

The progression benefited pt with 1-5 years in. Bc you would automatically get bumped up to the new contract progression. Meaning
$13 to start +4 years seniority makes 15$ for example. And you would be making that in august. Without this they barely make more than new comers.
You have to start somewhere. You are never going to make everyone happy.

BigBrownTown

Hopefully there will be some type of catch-up. I didn't read about anything like that in the update for the settlement. Only mentioned a progressive starting wage which will cap out around 15.50 in 2022. It states, "Existing part time employees will recieve the General Wage Increases and make no less than the new start rate."

It sounds like "You will make the same as the new guys with regular raises."

Hope I interpreted that incorrectly.

Tony Q

Hopefully there will be some type of catch-up. I didn't read about anything like that in the update for the settlement. Only mentioned a progressive starting wage which will cap out around 15.50 in 2022. It states, "Existing part time employees will recieve the General Wage Increases and make no less than the new start rate."

It sounds like "You will make the same as the new guys with regular raises."

Hope I interpreted that incorrectly.
That’s pretty much how it will go.

2old2load

How much are they going to increase my pension. I really don't care how much of a raise there is going to be 5 years from now. Selfish? Learned it from listening to my FT co workers. I am sure they are saying the same thing.
Selfish?! Who cares I ain’t judging you just would like to know what people think is a fair contract pay increase!

MattM

Super confusing but I think they want it that way.

I'm PT With 5 yrs sen. sitting at $13.80/hr.

Am I to assume I will get the GWI of say $0.70 August '18 and make 14.50, a mere $1.50 more than newcomers? A 5 year discrency used to be in the $3-5 range easily. $1.50 is a joke.

Likewise with those with say 2 years seniority making $11. Will they get bumped up to $13, the same as first day new hires? I feel bad for all those under the $13 umbrella. 4 year guys have it the worst.

opie

Am I to assume I will get the GWI of say $0.70 August '18 and make 14.50, a mere $1.50 more than newcomers? A 5 year discrency used to be in the $3-5 range easily. $1.50 is a joke.

Likewise with those with say 2 years seniority making $11. Will they get bumped up to $13, the same as first day new hires? I feel bad for all those under the $13 umbrella. 4 year guys have it the worst.

Sounds like there will be no bump for current part timers. If so, it would have been mentioned in the update they posted tonight.

mikejonesjr

I'm in the same boat except I'm at 13 and my 4 years is in Sept which apparently means nothing if they took out progression. Thanks. But what's really strange is someone hired august 2nd will make the exact same as someone new in 5 years. That's absurd.

Liquid Red

I'm in this boat...just under 2 years seniority at $11.50. We'll see what unfolds here.

Jcniv69

Read the tentative agreement! The pay increase for current full-timers is $4.12 over the life of the contract. That's pretty darn good! $40 an hour plus the benefits and all the paid time off we have? Freaking awesome!

Rack em

Made the Podium
So if I'm in my final year of a 4 year progression and the new contract makes progression to 3 years...Does that mean I get bumped up to current top rate?

542thruNthru

Seems to me that there is really only one person on here that likes this contract. The same person that's been "liking" this contract before it even came out.

Yeah it's a NO.