The Hybrid Driver might be leverage next contract.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Every vote counts and boosts the percentage in either direction. Don't be so closed minded. Stay out of the Box friends.

DOK

Okay, I understand how many are upset about loosing even with a majority No vote. The reason for the loose is a technicality. We came short of 50+1% voters participating. The main reason is due to a large majority of part time inside workers not participating. So, now we're stuck with a second tier driver Nationwide with a $6 pay cut for them at top progression. Now here is my point. Up to 25% of each center could be New Hybrid Drivers. Ultimately, they'll be Full time and with no 9.5 protection, used and abused, with $6 an hour short of pay, they'll be disgruntled full timers. The majority of votes come from Full timers. You make sure to show the Hybrid your Bigger Check and fan the flame. We might have them as just enough leverage to push that 50+1% !!! Push them to demand matching pay next Contract. These are your future Teamsters. Tell me I'm wrong here, but think long term and outside the Brown Box. Oh, yeah, it's been a few years since I have logged into Brown Cafe. It felt an appropriate time to pop in. Anyways. What are your thoughts on my vision? P.S. if the Teamster leadership let you down, vote em out boys.......

We didn’t lose it was voted down, it is ratified at this point but far from over.

Backlasher

We lost because we didn't have a 2/3rd no vote. The other way of lose is we didn't have 50+1% voting. Either of these 2 factors could of changed. It can swing next contract if we do it right.

Backlasher

In a way, blame can be put on the non voters. How many full timers/ part timers would of voted No but lacked the faith in our system? Now either we can allow this negatively to hurt our future vote or take advantage of this and rally a stronger vote letting all know that it only took 5% to fail! Across the national, thats only a handful of extra votes needed per center. Come on friends, stay out of the box.

Backlasher

Just a small combination of more no votes along with a little bit of increase in voter participants would of changed the course and can still change the future.

Over disciplined0123

That is 5 years from now, which I'm quite sure it will be another fight like keeping self driving trucks from moving or delivering our packages ,or use of drones. Like I said I'm sure the rcpds from 5 yrs ago will be either replaced or retired or who knows Mabry even bought out ... just like they did with auto workers ironic thing is the higher paid auto workers were bought out after the introduction of 2 tier wage system their previous contract

badpal

That is 5 years from now, which I'm quite sure it will be another fight like keeping self driving trucks from moving or delivering our packages ,or use of drones. Like I said I'm sure the rcpds from 5 yrs ago will be either replaced or retired or who knows Mabry even bought out ... just like they did with auto workers ironic thing is the higher paid auto workers were bought out after the introduction of 2 tier wage system their previous contract
Selfish i know, but i voted yes for that very reason and we got some old part timers around the building who started about the same time as Jim Casey. They were hoping the same to make an inside job for the hybrids.

Backlasher

So if 12% of the yes votes had more confidence in voting No, we would of had our 2/3rd needed. That's only 4968.6 members.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll be honest, a Hybrid probably will be good for all of us if implemented right and not abussed. The problem is the pay. We do have a "supposed" protection on how many RPCD's, wether that is honored will be hard to keep up with and they know it. It will effect upcoming bids because they'll minipmanip the work loads to justify opening for a 22.4 vs an RPCD position. We know the games and that's another reason why we wanted a more comparable pay rate for the Hybrid. So we must train these new Teamsters on the Union side of things to do, which is get involved with voting. That's all we can do. Unless this contract gets renegotiated, we have no other option but to learn from the 5% shortage of votes and the 50% 2/3 vote ruling. Never forget this friends.
Unfortunately ups would NEVER agree to a hybrid driver who makes top wage and would have the possibility of working inside the building....they arent paying someone 40 bucks to load a pkg car..

UPSerSheik

Victim of mediocrity
Hoffa needs to go and we need to strike. The economy is booming and this is what we settled for...embarassing. It is so awful across the board.
This is not a union shop. People allowed the union to be busted. It needs to be reset desperately. 300,000 people should have walked out of the hubs this morning.
Unfortunately though what happened with the Teamsters is just going to open a whole new ugly can of worms. It has successfully showed that unions can be bought off by Wall Street and that the members can be divided. Other companies will soon start doing the same. The ramifications for organized labor as a whole will be shocking.

SameRightsForAll

Okay, I understand how many are upset about loosing even with a majority No vote. The reason for the loose is a technicality. We came short of 50+1% voters participating. The main reason is due to a large majority of part time inside workers not participating. So, now we're stuck with a second tier driver Nationwide with a $6 pay cut for them at top progression. Now here is my point. Up to 25% of each center could be New Hybrid Drivers. Ultimately, they'll be Full time and with no 9.5 protection, used and abused, with $6 an hour short of pay, they'll be disgruntled full timers. The majority of votes come from Full timers. You make sure to show the Hybrid your Bigger Check and fan the flame. We might have them as just enough leverage to push that 50+1% !!! Push them to demand matching pay next Contract. These are your future Teamsters. Tell me I'm wrong here, but think long term and outside the Brown Box. Oh, yeah, it's been a few years since I have logged into Brown Cafe. It felt an appropriate time to pop in. Anyways. What are your thoughts on my vision? P.S. if the Teamster leadership let you down, vote em out boys.......

Oh yes, let's surrender today so we can fight tomorrow. Sounds like a plan, boys. We'll call it Operation Fetal Position.

Unfortunately ups would NEVER agree to a hybrid driver who makes top wage and would have the possibility of working inside the building....they arent paying someone 40 bucks to load a pkg car..
UPS pays Union members $35/hr to clean toilets and empty the trash cans. UPS pays preloaders $35.65/hr when they could pay $10/hr. Except no one else wants the job so UPS ends up paying over $50/hr for double sorters.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Im not so sure rpcds will be bought out, think of it this way, a rpcd is by strict definition a driver and 22.4 is not. Thus technology and discipline section says driver. Now how many of us will survive a virtual OSJ ride each and every day "by the methods " listen up folks its coming they only need rpcds on Monday's. So they can giveb us 1,3,& 5 day Suspensions by the methods. Sorry guys no matter how good you are the data they collect on us is so intense non of us will survive ive seen the methods reports to survive youll have to bouns by at least 2.0 hours per day every day or you fail by the methods. Thus by starving us out by 1, 3, and 5 day Suspensions older guys will retire younger will leave and no unemployment paid by UPS. Doubt me if you wish its your future

Over disciplined0123

Im not so sure rpcds will be bought out, think of it this way, a rpcd is by strict definition a driver and 22.4 is not. Thus technology and discipline section says driver. Now how many of us will survive a virtual OSJ ride each and every day "by the methods " listen up folks its coming they only need rpcds on Monday's. So they can giveb us 1,3,& 5 day Suspensions by the methods. Sorry guys no matter how good you are the data they collect on us is so intense non of us will survive ive seen the methods reports to survive youll have to bouns by at least 2.0 hours per day every day or you fail by the methods. Thus by starving us out by 1, 3, and 5 day Suspensions older guys will retire younger will leave and no unemployment paid by UPS. Doubt me if you wish its your future
Remember technology can not be used for disciplinary purposes. But I'm sure that the international will find a loophole in contract to have us terminated