Full time pay increase next contract?

542thruNthru

So if I'm in my final year of a 4 year progression and the new contract makes progression to 3 years...Does that mean I get bumped up to current top rate?

Yes I'd assume so.
But when you think about it. Is 1 year really worth this crappy contract? I'm curious what you think since I already made it out of progression.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yes I'd assume so.
But when you think about it. Is 1 year really worth this crappy contract? I'm curious what you think since I already made it out of progression.
From what I've read on it so far I would vote NO. It's so frustrating knowing the leverage the union had going into negotiations, and yet they couldn't do anything but offer concessions!

But in the event that the crap contract does pass, I would at least get a solid $12ish dollar raise and get to skip the final year of the bull:censored2: 4 year progression.

542thruNthru

From what I've read on it so far I would vote NO. It's so frustrating knowing the leverage the union had going into negotiations, and yet they couldn't do anything but offer concessions!

But in the event that the crap contract does pass, I would at least get a solid $12ish dollar raise and get to skip the final year of the bull:censored2: 4 year progression.

So kind of a win win for you. ;)

MattM

Tricky language. I've heard $15.50 floated around for 5yr seniority pt guys making $13.80 currently. Some are under the impression we would start the new contract at the 5th year starting wage of $15.50 (for 2022) but payable starting August '18. Without progression, I didn't think we would jump others like that. That doesn't make sense because 6yr-lifers will be getting screwed.

Many are confused at what is considered new start date from article 22. Is it 5th year seniority start rate or based on the current contract year?

Lots of bad and false assumptions being given out.

The only rational move would be to give everyone $2.90 raises on top of their current rate. Keep the new hire to 5yr $3-5 dollars apart.

As it stands , new hires are set to get a $2.90 raise over night, meanwhile everyone else will get that in 3 years.

It also appears if I'm on the lower GWI scale, as of 2022, with ten years seniority, I'll only be making $2.45 more than an off the street new hire. That can't be right, can it? Currently at 13.8. With 4.15 in GWI by 2022, Id be at 17.95, while off the street start hires would be at 15.50. Something's not right.

Last edited:

mikejonesjr

Tricky language. I've heard $15.50 floated around for 5yr seniority pt guys making $13.80 currently. Some are under the impression we would start the new contract at the 5th year starting wage of $15.50 (for 2022) but payable starting August '18. Without progression, I didn't think we would jump others like that. That doesn't make sense because 6yr-lifers will be getting screwed.

Many are confused at what is considered new start date from article 22. Is it 5th year seniority start rate or based on the current contract year?

Lots of bad and false assumptions being given out.

The only rational move would be to give everyone $2.90 raises on top of their current rate. Keep the new hire to 5yr $3-5 dollars apart.

As it stands , new hires are set to get a $2.90 raise over night, meanwhile everyone else will get that in 3 years.

It also appears if I'm on the lower GWI scale, as of 2022, with ten years seniority, I'll only be making $2.45 more than an off the street new hire. That can't be right, can it? Currently at 13.8. With 4.15 in GWI by 2022, Id be at 17.95, while off the street start hires would be at 15.50. Something's not right.
. I had the same thought. Doesnt make sense.

A.Spooner

Full time driver here for a year and a half. What would the current wage progression look like now if the current contract goes through? Top rate in our center is right around 36. Would it mean any immediate pay increases or still just at the 2, 3, and 4 year marks. Not sure how and when the $4.15 wage increase factors in.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Read the tentative agreement! The pay increase for current full-timers is $4.12 over the life of the contract. That's pretty darn good! $40 an hour plus the benefits and all the paid time off we have? Freaking awesome!

THAT EQUALS INFLATION!

Nothing more, nothing less! We didn't gain a thing! Please think about that!

A.Spooner

Full time driver here for a year and a half. What would the current wage progression look like now if the current contract goes through? Top rate in our center is right around 36. Would it mean any immediate pay increases or still just at the 2, 3, and 4 year marks. Not sure how and when the $4.15 wage increase factors in.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We should wait and see, what the totality of the language is.

Including the supplements.

Is everyone ready to "Jump the Shark" ?

People need to calm down.

-Bug-

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Brian Elliot sucks!
brsc0g8.jpg

a911scanner

Don't worry about it. You were hired under the current contract, so your progression levels will stay as they are for you. The "top rate" at the 48 month point will be what ever the top rate is at the time you achieve it.