Full time pay increase next contract?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Not performing brain surgery. How much do you want to carry a cardboard box up to someones front door?
Wow friend, You need some professional help! Have you been called out as being management? This is the exact mentality we are seeing and have seen from them for years!

Pic of my stub? Not happening

Why, that monthly check would be a dead giveaway? How do you spell, ":censored2:?"

Was it like this last contract? How nobody likes it, should we expect an actual no vote on it?
Yes, it was voted down first time then Hoffa Jr. and his posse of clowns started playing tricks and shoved it down our throats!

mikejonesjr

It will be interesting to see how the Union and company handle the cities and areas that are Increasing there minimum wage this year to above $13
As of July 1st 2018 San Francisco will raise there minimum wage to $15.00
The whole point of the union proposing $15 hr by this August was so that workers would get raises on top of it throughout the contract as they gained seniority and stay above minimum wage in those areas. Waste of even asking for it if they are just giving it in 2022. Should of said nevermind just make it $13 starting with progression for new hires and give dollar raises to all currents annually. Seriously.

Wow friend, You need some professional help! Have you been called out as being management? This is the exact mentality we are seeing and have seen from them for years!
UPS pays Porters $34.60/hr to clean toilets and empty the trash cans. I think $36/hr to deliver packages is more then fair.

Days

Yep. This contract should look something like seniority plus 4 years is $15.50. Thats just how the last 2 contracts went. Would the union really propose that anyone hired from 8/18 to 8/23 will make the same pay regardless of seniority? I know when i first started hearing people with a few years on me say they made $2 more than me, and that gave me incentive to stay. Now they are :censored2:ting on seniority.

Yup exactly what I was expecting. The way they have it now, current loaders have had all progression erased and no catch up implemented.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

This contract will be a yes vote, most of us are grateful to both UPS and the Teamsters for allowing us to support our families the way it was in the fifties, if you don't like the new contract, get a job somewhere else, GOOD LUCK!!

Brownpants80

From what I understand we will be put into new progression. So, we both will get Instand raises is what I've been told. The grey area is, are they for example going to bump me to the $20.50 that the new hires are going to start at to make it even, or am I going to placed into there 1 year senority rate (which hasnt been released yet) my steward did say it's going to be a 3 year progression instead of 4. He seemed like it was a for sure thing they were bumping down to 3. So he said I will reach top rate in my 3rd year now instead of having to wait for the 4 year contract that I'm currently in. Again grey area is what exactly we will be raised to. He said for me since I only make 19.50 (1 year senority ) I will definitely get at least that $1.00 raise. He also said there trying to make it for no co-pays for insurance.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Just about to hit my three year anniversary so I guess I can buy the new boat ????

I haven't seen anything about progression other than for hybrid drivers.

I will be surprised if they lower it for regular and feeder drivers. I'm hoping they do, 4 years is too long with the starting wages so low,l. If the progression were more even 4 years would be ok with me.

Benben

This contract will be a yes vote, most of us are grateful to both UPS and the Teamsters for allowing us to support our families the way it was in the fifties, if you don't like the new contract, get a job somewhere else, GOOD LUCK!!
How do you live like that? There must like be 0 mirrors in your house

Benben

From what I understand we will be put into new progression. So, we both will get Instand raises is what I've been told. The grey area is, are they for example going to bump me to the $20.50 that the new hires are going to start at to make it even, or am I going to placed into there 1 year senority rate (which hasnt been released yet) my steward did say it's going to be a 3 year progression instead of 4. He seemed like it was a for sure thing they were bumping down to 3. So he said I will reach top rate in my 3rd year now instead of having to wait for the 4 year contract that I'm currently in. Again grey area is what exactly we will be raised to. He said for me since I only make 19.50 (1 year senority ) I will definitely get at least that $1.00 raise. He also said there trying to make it for no co-pays for insurance.

If you do not read it, clear as a bell, in writing do not bank on anything! You should have been here long enough to know the truth in what I say!

542thruNthru

For him it would be like a $30k bonus if that were to happen. The current progression really sucks!

I agree the progression does suck. I totally agree it should be lowered. I was mainly asking if he thought that a lower progression made this contract acceptable.

I wouldn't have faulted him either way. Im not in his shoes but to me this contract will screw him even more then just waiting 1 more year for top scale.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Read the tentative agreement! The pay increase for current full-timers is $4.12 over the life of the contract. That's pretty darn good! $40 an hour plus the benefits and all the paid time off we have? Freaking awesome!
That is a lower raise than the previous two contracts. It don't even keep up with inflation. But raises are what gets the "yes" votes. Not from me. Just keep throwing money into my pension. Some sort of 401k match would've been nice. I would be doqn for not much of a raise at all if it meant a match. The devil is in the details but I am voting no regardless. NEVER accept the first offer.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
The FIFTIES!?!?! Umm, do you know what year it is? We don't get bread or milk for a nickel anymore.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
It will be interesting to see how the Union and company handle the cities and areas that are Increasing there minimum wage this year to above $13
As of July 1st 2018 San Francisco will raise there minimum wage to $15.00
In Cali it should be $20. I feel for the folks who live in that State.

M

MenInBrown

I’d like to see a serious bump in pension. We get $2000/month for 25 years of service. That’s a joke!