Full time pay increase next contract?

DoubleD

I started with the company 3/31/2016 making $11.85 as a Package Handler in Pre-Load

Shortly after this past peak, a few other centers in Northern California and in the Bay Area like mine(San Ramon) received a pay increase to $15 across the board.

So I'm confused about the language of the new wages especially if I currently make $15 an hour as PT Package Handler in Pre-Load. Does my pay stay at $15 or decrease to what the new contract states?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Seems to me that there is really only one person on here that likes this contract. The same person that's been "liking" this contract before it even came out.

Yeah it's a NO.
The same guy that doesn’t like Sean anymore. So I’m assuming his play is to follow the order of his bosses which means “The the contract to pass and you’ll move up the ladder!” So the 2 issues standing in the way of that is this contract and Sean.

Yellow11

Full time driver here for a year and a half. What would the current wage progression look like now if the current contract goes through? Top rate in our center is right around 36. Would it mean any immediate pay increases or still just at the 2, 3, and 4 year marks. Not sure how and when the $4.15 wage increase factors in.
What is the proposed new progression????

DoubleD

SkSin i started in 2016 at $11.85 for PT Pre-Load and on 1/20/2018 my building went up to $15.00 an hr across the board for PT pre-load

What does it mean for this all mean moving forward?

The Range

In too deep
Exactly - current part-timers in this local are getting a bonus for attendance which brings them to approx. 15/hour. Who exactly wins in this contract? Certainly not part-timers with any time in.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I have read recently that a starting wage of $13.00 per hour was settled on to start in August. I have been with the company for a decent time now and JUST reached $13.00 an hour. Should the new contract vote in, what does this mean for people in my position? .
$13 an hour for new hires and anybody with time already in would be getting a $2 raise on top of what they make now

Brownpants80

Full time driver here for a year and a half. What would the current wage progression look like now if the current contract goes through? Top rate in our center is right around 36. Would it mean any immediate pay increases or still just at the 2, 3, and 4 year marks. Not sure how and when the $4.15 wage increase factors in.
I dont understand it either. I'm in the same boat, ft for a year and a half now. I didnt see anything released on new progression though, only that it will be a 5 yr contract.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Exactly - current part-timers in this local are getting a bonus for attendance which brings them to approx. 15/hour. Who exactly wins in this contract? Certainly not part-timers with any time in.
part-timers have a bonus of $175;week here

That is more than I used to make net pay 18-20 hours a week in 2002

MattM

$13 an hour for new hires and anybody with time already in would be getting a $2 raise on top of what they make now
Where is this $2 coming from? I'm hearing the same type of thing from my rep. They are basically saying we should be making the new start rate at year 2-3-4-5 of the new contract based on our current years served as of August '18.

So I'm in my 5th year ($13.80) and they said I should be at the fifth year 2022 start rate starting in August '18 plus GWI after that. $15.50 is the fifth year 2022 start. They're saying I'd be there in two months based on time served.

On the flip side if i only get GWI from my $13.80, I'd maybe only be at $14.60. I've earned that dollar difference and it's a difference between a yes and a no for me.

Seems like bs. I'm hearing it but not seeing it.

And then from what you're saying, I could be at $15.80 with that $2 bump. Big difference between $15.80 and ~$14.60.

@mikejonesjr
The last contract had a mere $1.50 bump in start rate. 2008 contract had $8.50 start. 2013 started at $10. A person would be at $10 under the 2008 contract with one year seniority. The big difference in $10 and $13 is about 4 years of seniority. That's why there should be a big stink.

I started at $8.50 and didn't make a stink when newcomers in 2013 started at $10 (what it took in a year's time to obtain). A big fuss should be made now though until we read otherwise. 2-10 year PTers appear to be getting screwed unless we all get a $2-3 bump to keep our distance from newcomers

mikejonesjr

Where is this $2 coming from? I'm hearing the same type of thing from my rep. They are basically saying we should be making the new start rate at year 2-3-4-5 of the new contract based on our current years served as of August '18.

So I'm in my 5th year ($13.80) and they said I should be at the fifth year 2022 start rate starting in August '18 plus GWI after that. $15.50 is the fifth year 2022 start. They're saying I'd be there in two months based on time served.

On the flip side if i only get GWI from my $13.80, I'd maybe only be at $14.60. I've earned that dollar difference and it's a difference between a yes and a no for me.

Seems like bs. I'm hearing it but not seeing it.

And then from what you're saying, I could be at $15.80 with that $2 bump. Big difference between $15.80 and ~$14.60.

@mikejonesjr
The last contract had a mere $1.50 bump in start rate. 2008 contract had $8.50 start. 2013 started at $10. A person would be at $10 under the 2008 contract with one year seniority. The big difference in $10 and $13 is about 4 years of seniority. That's why there should be a big stink.

I started at $8.50 and didn't make a stink when newcomers in 2013 started at $10 (what it took in a year's time to obtain). A big fuss should be made now though until we read otherwise. 2-10 year PTers appear to be getting screwed unless we all get a $2-3 bump to keep our distance from newcomers
I agree but it would be worse this contract. Someone who hasnt hit 3 years by Aug 1st would be making the exact same as a current new hire. Thats brutal. Come august I'll have been here almost 4 years and making likely 75 cents over a new hire. Really hope your right about that thing you said about making what the start rate of the year of the contract is. Otherwise :censored2: that.

MattM

I agree but it would be worse this contract. Someone who hasnt hit 3 years by Aug 1st would be making the exact same as a current new hire. Thats brutal. Come august I'll have been here almost 4 years and making likely 75 cents over a new hire. Really hope your right about that thing you said about making what the start rate of the year of the contract is. Otherwise :censored2: that.
True. Worst we may have ever seen.

What used to take four years (2008 contract) to reach $12 (actually it's $11.87) would take only three years to reach with the 2013 contract (seniority plus 3 yr wage is $12 with 2013 contract). That sort of bump and catch up is more in line with inflation.

Soon it could appear as it taking NO YEARS to reach the new start rage, which used to take 5 years.

4 becomes 3.
5 becomes 0.

DoubleD

It will be interesting to see how the Union and company handle the cities and areas that are Increasing there minimum wage this year to above $13
As of July 1st 2018 San Francisco will raise there minimum wage to $15.00

mikejonesjr

True. Worst we may have ever seen.

What used to take four years (2008 contract) to reach $12 (actually it's $11.87) would take only three years to reach with the 2013 contract (seniority plus 3 yr wage is $12 with 2013 contract). That sort of bump and catch up is more in line with inflation.

Soon it could appear as it taking NO YEARS to reach the new start rage, which used to take 5 years.

4 becomes 3.
5 becomes 0.
Yep. This contract should look something like seniority plus 4 years is $15.50. Thats just how the last 2 contracts went. Would the union really propose that anyone hired from 8/18 to 8/23 will make the same pay regardless of seniority? I know when i first started hearing people with a few years on me say they made $2 more than me, and that gave me incentive to stay. Now they are :censored2:ting on seniority.

Last edited: