G.O.P. Florida Debate (Tampa) Jan 23rd

klein

Für Meno :)
Hard to call this one. Sort of weird. Mitt was stumbling around again. Newt looked like Mitt. Rick was there? Ron was Ron.

I think the questions were the worst of all the debates so far.

I agree, Romney screwed up when questioning Newt over medicare part D (lots of retirees in Florida) - mean it can back fire big time.
Both Newt and Romney screwed up on the rich paying less taxes (capital tax ).

Sani and Paul didn't get enough time (stupid on behalf of NBC).
Sani, Romney and Newt to war hungry, too !

For me Ron Paul won it - but not enough talk time for him, and with his major cut backs, he will not win those retirement votes. They are too worried about cuts, and want to continue living of the next generation (y &z).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good, so just the workers that live from pay check to pay check would be paying taxes ! Lovely America that would be.
Listen, Mr. Dense.................even people who live paycheck to paycheck have capital gains !!! You seem to think that capital gains is only something rich people have. If you bought a share of stock for 1 dollar and sold it for 3 dollars....you have $2 capital gains. Presently, capital gains is taxed. You can have capital gains on bonds and real estate too.

To have no tax on capital gains would be wonderful.

Capital gains tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Listen, Mr. Dense.................even people who live paycheck to paycheck have capital gains !!! You seem to think that capital gains is only something rich people have. If you bought a share of stock for 1 dollar and sold it for 3 dollars....you have $2 capital gains. Presently, capital gains is taxed. You can have capital gains on bonds and real estate too.

To have no tax on capital gains would be wonderful.

Capital gains tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know what super genious? NO TAXES would be great for all of us.

Why you defend millionaires and billionaires is beyond me.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know what super genious? NO TAXES would be great for all of us.

Why you defend millionaires and billionaires is beyond me.

Peace.
Oh great, another goof who thinks only millionaires have capital gains. Ever sell a house for more than you paid for it, hotshot?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh great, another goof who thinks only millionaires have capital gains. Ever sell a house for more than you paid for it, hotshot?

Many times over. What you dont understand is that when you defend millionaires and billionaires paying ZERO TAXES, you also support INCREASING OUR TAXES to make up for the short fall in income.

How do you feel you are informed? The less the rich pay, the more WE PAY.

Its a simple concept, even YOU could understand that, eh?

Peace.

klein

I don't know the American capital gains taxes, but 1 thing forsure, not too many people can sell a house in the US with profits made these days.
In Canada you must own and live in a house (permanent residency) for 1 full year, after that no capital gains taxes apply.

moreluck

golden ticket member
LIke I said, watching that debate was even more dramatic than Fear Factor could ever be ! So, I didn't miss anything ! ;)
We didn't get it here....at least not live. Maybe we'll have the same good fortune for the state of the union tonight.

klein

I got it twice ! Because 2 hrs later Fear Factor was shown on the NBC (Spokane = PST time) network again, supposingly, but they repeated the debate again !
And listening to them twice was twice as scary, esspecially when your top 3 candidates all agreed that Obama isn't doing anything against Iran and he should have started the war by now !

Those 3 are Bush all over again !
Only this time the UK won't be as stupid and help you out !
The EU has joined in with sanctions, Canada, Australia, NZ, and probably even more countries.
Before the debate, Saudi Arabia even announced to the world and in particular to Iran, that they also won't put up with Iran, and they'll make up for all the oil that is lost with those sanctions.
Yes, they are willing to make up every single drop of shortfall, and directed it at Iran as well, that they need to stop any Nuclear Bomb program they may have.

Of course those 3 idiots have little knowledge of that fact, just as little knowledge they have about "Evil" Cuba !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I got it twice ! Because 2 hrs later Fear Factor was shown on the NBC (Spokane = PST time) network again, supposingly, but they repeated the debate again !
And listening to them twice was twice as scary, esspecially when your top 3 candidates all agreed that Obama isn't doing anything against Iran and he should have started the war by now !

Those 3 are Bush all over again !
Only this time the UK won't be as stupid and help you out !
The EU has joined in with sanctions, Canada, Australia, NZ, and probably even more countries.
Before the debate, Saudi Arabia even announced to the world and in particular to Iran, that they also won't put up with Iran, and they'll make up for all the oil that is lost with those sanctions.
Yes, they are willing to make up every single drop of shortfall, and directed it at Iran as well, that they need to stop any Nuclear Bomb program they may have.

Of course those 3 idiots have little knowledge of that fact, just as little knowledge they have about "Evil" Cuba !
You come off thinking that you are smarter than Newt, Mitt, Ron and Rick. You don't even understand the tax code here.
If you were the world news person you think you are, you'd be the news caster on your podunk TV stations OR the political journalist at your local rag. Get over yourself.

klein

You can't even read ! I mentioned 3 idiots, and you gave me 4 names !
I did exclude one smart or half normal guy !

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can't even read ! I mentioned 3 idiots, and you gave me 4 names !
I did exclude one smart or half normal guy !
Maybe I wasn't sure which "idiots" you were referring to since you called them a name instead of referring to them by their name.

texan

Did any one notice that no cheerings or audience feedback was allowed in this debate?
I guess they did not want another Newt SC debate reaction.

"And boy, was it a mistake. However well-intentioned, the commandment of silence
sucked the energy out of the room, leaving the candidates—especially Gingrich
and Romney at center stage—like sitcom actors missing their laugh track."

Read more: The Morning After: Come Back, Loud Debate Audiences! All Is Forgiven! | Entertainment | TIME.com