Gas up again!

Big Babooba

cheapest I've seen was this morning at Flynns next to you at 3.29
The cheapest i have seen is $3.26. Remember the good old days when you could get almost 4 gallons for a buck at one of those off brand stations? Then the Arabs put the squeeze on in '73 and everybody cried when gas shot up to 56 cents a gallon if you could get it. If I babied my '71 340 Duster, I could get 10 MPG. I usually got 6 MPG. My biggest expenses were gas, rear tires and clutches in that order. Can't afford that today.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just put $82.00 in my wife's Windstar. We're going down to South Miami for a party tonight. I paid $3.53gal. Drove to my race this morning in Vero Beach, about 35/40 miles north of here. On the way back I saw the price of gas was $3.41, if you paid cash. This was at a big highway/turnpike interchange in Ft. Pierce.
This would be a good thread to keep alive, so we can know what gas prices are wherever we plan to travel. On a side note, I did okay in my race. I ran 3.1 miles in 20:02. I was aiming for 19:30 or below. I met a Vero Beach UPSer while I was there. He's been a driver 25 years, is in the next higher age group than I am and ran the course in 18:40.........Ouch!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just put $82.00 in my wife's Windstar. We're going down to South Miami for a party tonight. I paid $3.53gal. Drove to my race this morning in Vero Beach, about 35/40 miles north of here. On the way back I saw the price of gas was $3.41, if you paid cash. This was at a big highway/turnpike interchange in Ft. Pierce.
This would be a good thread to keep alive, so we can know what gas prices are wherever we plan to travel. On a side note, I did okay in my race. I ran 3.1 miles in 20:02. I was aiming for 19:30 or below. I met a Vero Beach UPSer while I was there. He's been a driver 25 years, is in the next higher age group than I am and ran the course in 18:40.........Ouch!!!
Up here in VA we call 3.1 miles a 5k :happy2:. Some of those old guys are smokin' fast, doubly impressive by a driver though cuz it can be tough to get your training miles in with this job, especially with a family. 20:02 is plenty fast though, probably beats 90% of the population. Good job :thumbsup:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Up here in VA we call 3.1 miles a 5k :happy2:. Some of those old guys are smokin' fast, doubly impressive by a driver though cuz it can be tough to get your training miles in with this job, especially with a family. 20:02 is plenty fast though, probably beats 90% of the population. Good job :thumbsup:

Thanks Jones. The guys in my age range really are fast. I came in 13th out of 173 runners, but would love to win. One of these days I'm going to win, that's a promise.

Oh and Gas is at $3.51 here in rainy Florida.

BigBrownSanta

The conversion factor from miles to kilometers (klicks) is 1.6 so 3.1 miles would equal 4.96 miles which is close enough for government work to 5 miles.

4.96 km...

Anyways, not going there today. :happy-very:

When I was in the army, we called that a perimeter run. Not quite 5k, more like 6 miles around the base, every payday. That's why I now work at UPS...

not quite as demanding.

Oh, and gas here is $3.05 with less than 10% ethanol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The conversion factor from miles to kilometers (klicks) is 1.6 so 3.1 miles would equal 4.96 miles which is close enough for government work to 5 miles.

Someone I know has "Preview twice--post once" in their signature..

Take it from me, a 5k race is 3.1 miles :wink2:

(87 octane gas is currently $3.59 here in NoVa)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Preview twice--post once only works on the weekdays when there is no waking up for naps or running back and forth to the TV to see who scored or who's winning. Upstate, is was actually a 3.1 mile race or 5k. The driver that finished before me is 5 years my senior and as we were speaking he siad he was thinking about doing a triathalon. I guess this guys in really good shape to be going that route.

Oh, and gas is still the same price as this morning.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Last edited: