Gender equality

Coldworld

60 months and counting
images
You like that Wally???

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I load in the outbound, my supervisor asked me: "what are you going to do when you work as a supervisor and you need to cut your hair?"

I have no intentions of becoming a supervisor, but, this raises the questions.. If we are promoting a workplace of gender equality, why would I need to chop my hair, while the girls have long hair?

Yes,were living in times where everyone's gotta be equal, so... What's the deal?

You are correct in every way. However, we are talking about guidelines put in place a long time ago by the same kind of man-gina men who folded in the face of feminism; guys who have no problem throwing their fellow man under the bus to avoid displeasing women.

And it's not just with UPS grooming guidelines, it's all around you. Take a look at the biased and corrupt family court system. If you're man and are faced with divorce, you're friend*ed. Prenups aren't even worth the paper they're written on and can be thrown out by a judge. Even the criminal system will often place much harsher sentences on men for the exact same crime.

The higher education system considers all men potential rapists, with many institutions now having introductory courses on things like "toxic masculinity" (essentially just natural, classic masculinity) that attempt to "teach men not to rape". How would you feel going to a place that treated you like this? And if you are unfortunate enough to be falsely accused of something, it's her word against yours and you are essentially guilty until proven innocent. But even if you can prove your innocence, your reputation is still friend*ed and your accuser will likely face no penalties whatsoever for making a false accusation. Hard to figure out why the number of men enrolling in college is lower.

You will continuously be told to "man up", which essentially just means bend over, take it, and say thank you. You will hear a million examples of what a "real man" would do, with the exact definition of what that "real man" is constantly changing depending on who it is telling you and what it is they want you to do, no matter how detrimental it is to yourself.

I've only brought you a couple examples, with there sadly being so much more. And as long as we have legions of weak men allowing this to happen, it's going to happen. Unfortunately the best thing you can do is participate as little as possible in a society like this. Take only what you need from it, and move on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are correct in every way. However, we are talking about guidelines put in place a long time ago by the same kind of man-gina men who folded in the face of feminism; guys who have no problem throwing their fellow man under the bus to avoid displeasing women.

And it's not just with UPS grooming guidelines, it's all around you. Take a look at the biased and corrupt family court system. If you're man and are faced with divorce, you're friend*ed. Prenups aren't even worth the paper they're written on and can be thrown out by a judge. Even the criminal system will often place much harsher sentences on men for the exact same crime.

The higher education system considers all men potential rapists, with many institutions now having introductory courses on things like "toxic masculinity" (essentially just natural, classic masculinity) that attempt to "teach men not to rape". How would you feel going to a place that treated you like this? And if you are unfortunate enough to be falsely accused of something, it's her word against yours and you are essentially guilty until proven innocent. But even if you can prove your innocence, your reputation is still friend*ed and your accuser will likely face no penalties whatsoever for making a false accusation. Hard to figure out why the number of men enrolling in college is lower.

You will continuously be told to "man up", which essentially just means bend over, take it, and say thank you. You will hear a million examples of what a "real man" would do, with the exact definition of what that "real man" is constantly changing depending on who it is telling you and what it is they want you to do, no matter how detrimental it is to yourself.

I've only brought you a couple examples, with there sadly being so much more. And as long as we have legions of weak men allowing this to happen, it's going to happen. Unfortunately the best thing you can do is participate as little as possible in a society like this. Take only what you need from it, and move on.
TLDR