Get your ice before you clock in

qdg2

Tough guy? Not my intention at all, but OK. Also wasn’t meant to threaten anything. It’s just commentary. Reality. Make things impossible and people will keep leaving. Even experienced people.

Each time I bring these things up to the higher ups, they say that’s just how it is. They’ve either given up or never cared. Dunno which, but I guess it doesn’t really matter.
Not really. People stay if they can make it work.

qdg2

They can’t fire you for the #’s. Just go out and do the job by the methods and you will be just fine.
maybe .
They may not be able to fire you based solely on the numbers but if you are averaging 1.5-2 hours or more over each day they will certainly be paying a lot more attention to you. They are called production rides for a reason.
this was more my experience for the last 40+years.^^^^^^^^^^

and this "extra attention" is what will get ya.

tadpole

The way I view it, the company is not obligated to provide ice in the same way they are not obligated to provide breakfast burritos or hotdogs/hamburgers. If they choose to give you any of those things, feel free to partake off the clock.

If they are asking not to use the ice machine while on the clock, and this bothers you enough to make a stink about it, then remember they could take the ice away whenever they want.

It does seem kind of petty for them to care about only what should only be a few seconds. But I've known guys who seem to always have to poop every day on the clock right after start time. When you're on the clock you should be in service to the employer. I could go in to work and once start time hits, take off my boots and say my toenails need to be clipped due to safety reasons. But I should have done that before I got in.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The way I view it, the company is not obligated to provide ice in the same way they are not obligated to provide breakfast burritos or hotdogs/hamburgers. If they choose to give you any of those things, feel free to partake off the clock.

If they are asking not to use the ice machine while on the clock, and this bothers you enough to make a stink about it, then remember they could take the ice away whenever they want.

It does seem kind of petty for them to care about only what should only be a few seconds. But I've known guys who seem to always have to poop every day on the clock right after start time. When you're on the clock you should be in service to the employer. I could go in to work and once start time hits, take off my boots and say my toenails need to be clipped due to safety reasons. But I should have done that before I got in.
The Difficulty in Providing Drinking Water at Worksites - WaterFleet

Nah
4 years. The part that gets most of the slugs in trouble is when they are able to run around an hour or so over when the sup, who doesn't touch a package or hold a door or do anything to assist the driver, is on the car.
I'm sure they didn't just put the best preloader on that car that day. That never happens.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Define "stealing".

Like, taking your pen home and bringing it back the next day....to use again? And if you "used it" to write a grocery list at home.

Or perhaps you take the toilet paper out of your tractor(so nobody will steal it) put it in your backpack to bring the next day....and perhaps you blew your nose on the way home with it?

No? Better believe it.
Ok… you’ve officially have gone off the deep end…

mcsketcher

I'm sure they didn't just put the best preloader on that car that day. That never happens.
Every time my on road rides with me he sees, and verbally acknowledges, that the #s are BS. Once he saw how efficient I was and then said the #s must be wrong.

I was 1.5 over on a day we were doing 35-40 DPH. He was sorting and complaining how bad it was. The level of purposefully “blind” devotion the sups have is off the charts.

IDK WTF is up with UPS now, but this isn’t the new guys being soft.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hehe. Yeah. There’s really no reason to stay unless they fix things, and they clearly aren’t going to.

I’m told people get fired for the #s here even after they’ve qualified. The made up impossible, consistently, #s.

Guess the sups will be running routes even more soon. Oh well.
Quit stressing dude. This job is literally just driving around and carrying boxes.
✊💩