Get your ice before you clock in

542thruNthru

You are supposed to report to work with enough time to gather everything that you will need for the day before the PCM, which would include call tags, supplies, DIAD and, yes, ice.
ae71ee90-c51a-4334-9a6a-abcdb26d3894_text.gif

Screenshot_20220721-171801_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

JustDeliverIt

Don't know that name, but is ice worth the battle? I know tough guys here would flip off the sup, then smash his face with their Yeti, but isn't it easier to come in a few minutes earlier?

We have 2 but they are empty 30 minutes before start time. As much as I would have no problem getting ice on the clock if I needed to, have to show up with the runners who presort their trucks to have a chance.

tripperslipper

OK to operate
Worked in a cafe before. Well aware of how nasty those things get. Luckily we also have the dispensing type where no hands touch the ice. Only germs in there are coming from the water supply.

Don't know that name, but is ice worth the battle? I know tough guys here would flip off the sup, then smash his face with their Yeti, but isn't it easier to come in a few minutes earlier?
I'd say so. You give them a few minutes here and suddenly they'll be taking a few minutes there.... and a few there, and 10 here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Even easier to bring it from home and not have to deal with all the drama
It’s part of a wives duty to have her mans lunch packed this is part of lunch
Why are we even talking about this

Brownwind

You are supposed to report to work with enough time to gather everything that you will need for the day before the PCM, which would include call tags, supplies, DIAD and, yes, ice.
Appreciate your response and time spent supporting the brown. Congratulations on your retirement. Things have changed with our new training. With the cool solutions training we are required to care for our well being on the clock despite the time taken. By following through with the training we protect ourselves which ultimately protects the reputation of the company. It was explained the numbers go out the window when our safety is involved.

The worst thing we can do is damage the reputation of the meal ticket we work for. We work as directed and never work off the clock.