Get your ice before you clock in

542thruNthru

"Arrive at your center on time" is somewhat ambiguous. Suppose your start time is 8am-----does this mean that you show up at 7:45am and then "complete your morning activities" before the PCM "without having to rush" or do you show up right at 8am and you are "having to rush" after the PCM to grab your DIAD, supplies and, if needed, ice, before going to your PC , putting your stuff away, linking the DIAD to the PC, downloading EDD while performing the pretrip? Back in the day we were instructed to show up at least 10-15 minutes early to ensure that we are ready to go once the PCM was done; in fact, there was one morning when our DM was giving the PCM and one of our drivers strolled in at 5 minutes after start time. The look on our DM and center manager's faces was priceless. 10:30 doesn't change-----"not being on time can jeopardize service commitments to our customers".
The only work related thing you have to do is be in uniform before start time. After that it's up to management to give you enough time to get supplies, download Eddie, grab call tags, preform pre tip and anything else you may need to do. If they want to make your start time 5 min before you should be leaving the building that's on them.

upser2020

We have 3 ice machines(one broken, one so far back i cant remember where it is)(and the working one is basically by the entrance before any card swipe machines tho not everyone has to swipe in) and a cooler with bagged ice(which often is empty on hot days). Our building was built in 2017 but no ac :(

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What if there was no ice machine, or the sucker broke?

oie_overlay.gif
My nightmare is any movie with Maya Rudolph.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just to add a little fuel to the fire, my supervisor didn't specifically tell me to get ice before clocking in. They said "fill your water bottles," which implies water and ice in this weather. It's 104 friend out today. Ice is not optional.
Furthermore, I use water to facilitate the connection of the diad to the cradle. So if I wanted to be a smartass, let's acknowledge that encouraging or knowingly allowing employees to complete work tasks off the clock is illegal.

To be clear I don't give a rats ass about 2 minutes here or there on my timecard. What am I gonna do with that buy a stick of gum? It's the principal of the micromanagement and disregard for anything beyond numbers that invigorates me
Do you mean infuriates you?
Don’t try and use big words if you don’t know what they mean

Oh no he's not going to start his crap here again.

The way he treated @moreluck @oldngray and @rod is not acceptable

Go to shame somebody that has more tired from many years still needs to come back and thinks he can tell people he has no clue

Try finding the bathroom during the pandemic

I would personally could buy a bag of ice and shove it up his ass sideways after I rip his eyebrows off

Thebrownblob

Oh no he's not going to start his crap here again.

The way he treated @moreluck @oldngray and @rod is not acceptable

Go to shame somebody that has more tired from many years still needs to come back and thinks he can tell people he has no clue

Try finding the bathroom during the pandemic

I would personally could buy a bag of ice and shove it up his ass sideways after I rip his eyebrows off
I’ve dealt with plenty of no nothing pretend know it all such as him, The fact is most everyone understands who he is and what he’s about.
I never did get to converse with. @moreluck
She seemed like a beautiful soul.

35years

Gravy route
You are supposed to report to work with enough time to gather everything that you will need for the day before the PCM, which would include call tags, supplies, DIAD and, yes, ice.
Hahahahahaha
You gave them work free of charge for decades. So now you want others to do the same?

Just think you gave them a 1/4 to a half hour OT a day+ ($100 a week minimum)
Which, if invested in a broad index fund over the last 28 years would amount to $841,000.

Hahahaha. Hope you enjoyed all the pats on the back!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Install an ice vending machine. Problem solved.
watch the ned ice guys suddenly not need ice.
Before we had ice machines we had an ice service at our building that brought bagged ice into 2 feeders supplied by the ice company. Just like the ones at stores that sell ice.