Get your ice before you clock in

qdg2

I can’t imagine why anyone would steal ice when a bag of ice is like $3. It’s like stealing pens or toilet paper.

WTF is wrong with people?
Define "stealing".

Like, taking your pen home and bringing it back the next day....to use again? And if you "used it" to write a grocery list at home.

Or perhaps you take the toilet paper out of your tractor(so nobody will steal it) put it in your backpack to bring the next day....and perhaps you blew your nose on the way home with it?

No? Better believe it.

qdg2

It could….if you were an idiot.
Name calling aside.......socks are required......and you are required to dress in their uniform. All requirements of the job.....like getting a DOT physical.

I wondered how long it would take for the personal attack.

Johney

Name calling aside.......socks are required......and you are required to dress in their uniform. All requirements of the job.....like getting a DOT physical.

That was far from a personal attack if at all. Grow up

mcsketcher

Define "stealing".

Like, taking your pen home and bringing it back the next day....to use again? And if you "used it" to write a grocery list at home.

Or perhaps you take the toilet paper out of your tractor(so nobody will steal it) put it in your backpack to bring the next day....and perhaps you blew your nose on the way home with it?

No? Better believe it.
Define stealing? Grow up. If you’re taking bags of ice home that’s for use at work you stole it. Get over yourself.

542thruNthru

Socks are only required if you want to wear shorts.

MrBates

Anyone else heard this from their supes? Had them tell me that for the 2nd time yesterday. Today I walked in, clocked in and walked right past the sup to the ice machine.
Everything that has to do with my day is done on the clock. Ice, water, conversations with supes...I don't even check the computer until UPS is paying me....I sort the whole truck right before I punch out for lunch. Used to take a dump before i left the house but now I purposely time my bowel movements to take place right after my airs are done. Their job is to take advantage of you. My job is to take as much money as I can from big brown.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And so?

That is settled history.

Point was they are required and IMO should be provided by the Co. And IMO getting dressed should be too....IMO.

Especially if the uniforms are at work. IMO.
Back in the day drivers were required to report to work in street clothes, go upstairs to change and reverse the process when done for the day. Yes, this was done off the clock, although there were always drivers who tried to change before punching out. They then went to where you could wear the pants to work but had to change in to your work shirt. Why? This was an effort to protect the brand.

I would bet if the Company were required to pay for the socks that they wouldn't cost $6/pr.

qdg2

Everything that has to do with my day is done on the clock. Ice, water, conversations with supes...I don't even check the computer until UPS is paying me....I sort the whole truck right before I punch out for lunch. Used to take a dump before i left the house but now I purposely time my bowel movements to take place right after my airs are done. Their job is to take advantage of you. My job is to take as much money as I can from big brown.
Well....

Bowel movements(peeing whatever) is a function of a human being. Can/should a person only have these functions while punched out? It could be debated and settled.

Now purposely doing anything to "take advantage.....make as much money as I can" could be construed as conspiracy if not stealing time.....the dreaded dishonesty.

Conversely, "Their job is to take advantage of you".......could be a conspiracy also....deliberately so......

Words mean things......so do deliberate acts.

Thebrownblob

Well....

Bowel movements(peeing whatever) is a function of a human being. Can/should a person only have these functions while punched out? It could be debated and settled.

Now purposely doing anything to "take advantage.....make as much money as I can" could be construed as conspiracy if not stealing time.....the dreaded dishonesty.

Conversely, "Their job is to take advantage of you".......could be a conspiracy also....deliberately so......

Words mean things......so do deliberate acts.
I’ve never had a problem with any of these things at work because I’m a reasonable person. I’ve had a few management people who are not reasonable they don’t last long either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"I sort the whole truck before I punch out for lunch"? Why?

qdg2

Back in the day drivers were required to report to work in street clothes, go upstairs to change and reverse the process when done for the day. Yes, this was done off the clock, although there were always drivers who tried to change before punching out. They then went to where you could wear the pants to work but had to change in to your work shirt. Why? This was an effort to protect the brand.

I would bet if the Company were required to pay for the socks that they wouldn't cost $6/pr.
I agree with the brand protection.

However, I believe making you change "off the clock" saves the company money......the real reason. Which is why they want you to get ice off the clock also.

BTW, IMO.....$6 seems reasonable......those socks wear like iron....at least mine do.

Thebrownblob

It is required to go through the car before 3pm-----not sort the whole thing stop for stop----that is the preloader's job.
Actually we are told to touch every package and look at every label not the pal label, If you do not do that and you find a business after three it’s on you, if I’m touching every package why would I not just set it up. Doesn’t really take any more time