Getting One With WAD

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most of you know what WAD is, so I won't re-hash it here. However, it is important to "get one with WAD" and here's how you do it.

1. Pretend you're a 3rd grader,OR alternatively, pretend you're a manager. You have no sense of independence and self-direction. You must be told what to do on almost everything. This is critical.

2. With #1 firmly in-mind, force yourself to be stupid and clueless, even if you're an Einstein like Dano. No matter what, force management to TELL you what to do. This is the "directed" part of WAD. No thinking, no doing, even if it's completely obvious what the right thing to do is. Make THEM decide, even if you have to sit there for 20 minutes awaiting an answer, and then DO whatever it is they say, even if it's something Forrest Gump would reject as moronic.

3. Considering #1 and #2, cover yourself if whatever they're telling you to do is going to cause a problem. Send a message to dispatch that you will "miss the outbound CTV or aircraft", "have DEX 01s", or "missed or late pickups" and then CALL, text, or email your manager and tell them that their decision is going to have consequences. Then, just DO whatever stupid thing it is they asked of you. When you arrive back at the station 20 minutes after the CTV has left, just tell them, "I was working...as directed". Your CYAs have been sent and there is nothing they can do but try to undo the mess they have themselves created.

4. No longer care. They have tossed you in the dumpster, so why give a sheet about anything other than doing the absolute MINIMUM required to keep your job.

5. If you are done early, never help. Contemplate WAD at Starbucks, 7-11, or some other WAD Worship Center. Same for pickups. If you're heavy, work at your normal pace and create your CYA messages and calls early so you put the onus on them to fix it...EARLY. Not 1600. If you are light, slow your pace to get done at your normal time. After all, you wouldn't want to miss your designated RTB time, would you?

WAD. Get one with WAD because WAD cares and WAD is your friend.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Make your manager make every decision.

The days of cooperation from the wage employee has ended.

Use their own rules against them to help continue the chaos that is taking place nationwide.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE,
You needs to chill out on all these "WAD" threads.

It's the best method to beat the bastards at their own game. I use a 3-letter acronym to mock them. Try the method...it works. You can never be disciplined for doing exactly what they tell you to do or waiting for them to direct you. Be as "stupid" as they are.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It's the best method to beat the bastards at their own game. I use a 3-letter acronym to mock them. Try the method...it works. You can never be disciplined for doing exactly what they tell you to do or waiting for them to direct you. Be as "stupid" as they are.

I like to use 4 letter words to describe this company.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
​Mia it the number of threads or the concept of "work as directed" that you object to?

Well,
I had to look up Mia on urban dictionary.com but,
none of these definitions seem to be what you mean.

So,
I'm gonna guess you are saying "May I ask"?
Either way, to answer your question, I object to the number of threads.

Don't get me wrong, I love MFE and without him around here to stir the pot, this place gets really boring fast. I'm just tired of the broken-record ranting. (You may be too young to know what a broken record used to do). :funny:

Epoisode7

I think MrFedEx should get a battlefield promotion to CEO. It's said the best leaders are ones who have leadership thrust upon them. Or something.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well,
I had to look up Mia on urban dictionary.com but,
none of these definitions seem to be what you mean.

So,
I'm gonna guess you are saying "May I ask"?
Either way, to answer your question, I object to the number of threads.

Don't get me wrong, I love MFE and without him around here to stir the pot, this place gets really boring fast. I'm just tired of the broken-record ranting. (You may be too young to know what a broken record used to do). :funny:

Sorry, but I do repeat things...intentionally. You've been on here a long time, so it is old hat for you. My goal is to "educate" the new people who come to BC, especially the newer employees who need to get the big picture of what FedEx is all about right now so they can move on to something better. I don't want them to end-up like me or the others in their forties or fifties who bought the Big Lie.

That means I'll bring-up old stuff, maybe with a twist or two, because someone new to the forum is not going to go back 262 posts to see my original WAD idea. Plus, I'd be delighted if WAD went viral through the FedEx system, because I happen to think it's the best strategy to fight back without getting canned in the process.

vantexan

Sorry, but I do repeat things...intentionally. You've been on here a long time, so it is old hat for you. My goal is to "educate" the new people who come to BC, especially the newer employees who need to get the big picture of what FedEx is all about right now so they can move on to something better. I don't want them to end-up like me or the others in their forties or fifties who bought the Big Lie.

That means I'll bring-up old stuff, maybe with a twist or two, because someone new to the forum is not going to go back 262 posts to see my original WAD idea. Plus, I'd be delighted if WAD went viral through the FedEx system, because I happen to think it's the best strategy to fight back without getting canned in the process.

I can see why they've dumbed down the job so much. Anyone who'd buy the hype at this point and stick around for 20+ years has no one to blame but themselves. At least we actually had a job to be optimistic about way back when.