Gloom and Doom

Jody43

I’ve been sitting back monitoring and posting a few things here and there for honest advice and got to tell you after completing my traning (and waiting to start my 30 days) everything I’ve read on this forum is pretty much contrary to what I’ve personally experienced so far; and most of the drivers attitudes I’ve been around.

Most over here are so gloom and doom with the company and so negative when someone asks for advice or seeks some insight or whatever.

I can’t say what kind of driver I’ll be, but I’m glad I’ve been hired and feel lucky to be apart of this company. The gentleman I did my observation ride with was exceptional at his job, filled with great advice, professional and happy to work for UPS.

After working as a cop for 15 years, the way some of you complain, you wouldn’t last 2 calls on the street let alone make it through the academy.

Guess, like anything, I’ll feel differently after X amount of years in; however for new guys like myself that want honest advice; you really make it difficult to weed through the bull :censored2: before you can even attach to something that remotely is helpful.

At least that’s my perception to this point.

With that being said I do have legitimate questions and don’t feel like running to management and HR every time I think of one. So I’ll keep my questions to myself, for now, and try and get them answered another way.

Self pity or self development. It’s that simple!
See ya!!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Wan't me to split with all of browncafe to tell you off: Here we go.
Cops are useless.

(edit: He's not that bad, the whole "I am a cop and you need to sort out your life shtick" is basically my #1 trigger phrase.)

Last edited:

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I’ve been sitting back monitoring and posting a few things here and there for honest advice and got to tell you after completing my traning (and waiting to start my 30 days) everything I’ve read on this forum is pretty much contrary to what I’ve personally experienced so far; and most of the drivers attitudes I’ve been around.

Most over here are so gloom and doom with the company and so negative when someone asks for advice or seeks some insight or whatever.

I can’t say what kind of driver I’ll be, but I’m glad I’ve been hired and feel lucky to be apart of this company. The gentleman I did my observation ride with was exceptional at his job, filled with great advice, professional and happy to work for UPS.

After working as a cop for 15 years, the way some of you complain, you wouldn’t last 2 calls on the street let alone make it through the academy.

Guess, like anything, I’ll feel differently after X amount of years in; however for new guys like myself that want honest advice; you really make it difficult to weed through the bull :censored2: before you can even attach to something that remotely is helpful.

With that being said I do have legitimate questions and don’t feel like running to management and HR every time I think of one. So I’ll keep my questions to myself, for now, and try and get them answered another way.

See ya!!

What the :censored2: “can’t tell you what kind of driver I’ll be”

STFU

Jody43

Wan't me to split with all of browncafe to tell you off: Here we go.
Cops are useless.
I can appreciate that and I agree with you. Cops have quotas (arrest and tickets). It’s about revenue, not law and Justice. Thats why they offered me my settlement I gladly took it, because the job sucks

Future

Victory Ride

See ya!!
800EB93B-6EB6-4992-AF18-91CA9AC27336.gif

sandwich

The resident gearhead

See ya!!
giphy (9).gif

old levi's

blank space

See ya!!

Why did you leave law enforcement?

Jody43

I'd be willing to bet you felt the same way about being a cop as UPS 15 long years ago.... buckle up
That true I did. BUT!! It’s a still a job and didn’t friend with rookies ( unless they were a safety risk) and I always tries to answer tier questions legitimately when they were leaning. I have respect for my co-workers be it the guy who sweeps the floors or the guy who runs the show.

ManInBrown

See ya!!
That’s hilarious. Most cops are some of the laziest SOB’s around. Public servants working municipal jobs act like you’ve asked them for their life anytime you encounter them? Anyone ever go down to there local tax office or municipal complex and get that look from the lady behind the counter when you interrupt her online solitaire game?

OP how pissed did you get when someone interrupted your 15th donut run of the night with a call to respond somewhere?

Over 70

That true I did. BUT!! It’s a still a job and didn’t friend with rookies ( unless they were a safety risk) and I always tries to answer tier questions legitimately when they were leaning. I have respect for my co-workers be it the guy who sweeps the floors or the guy who runs the show.

Jesus Christ it's an anonymous internet message board where guys blow off steam and bust balls. Settle down Francis...