Going All The Way To The Supreme Court. Yea, Right.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
giphy.gif

We know Don, we know.

newfie

It makes sense that the party of the one term loser Trump is behaving this way. It’s a party of losers that cries about the refs after they played a crappy game. You guys ran a hugely unpopular candidate and he got destroyed. It’s not surprising at all. Do you think being such pathetic losers will get you more votes next time?
yes we've had 4 years to learn from your side on how to whine and cry. You dont mind if we take a turn now do you?

refineryworker05

And? If the process was unconstitutional it should have been heard by the Supreme Court. They punted. And for the record the three justices nominated by Trump voted against hearing the Texas lawsuit. So maybe y'all should act like mature adults the next time a Republican nominates a justice.
I don’t see why. It still, doesn’t change the outcome of the election. Biden got more votes, more voters chose Biden in those states, that’s not in dispute. unless the lawsuit says Biden didn’t get more votes because blah, blah, blah, what does it change? Again it is an interesting legal question but you either have to stop the rules changes before the election which they didn’t do, trump failed to challenges those changes, or you can make the courts say these rules changes won’t apply to future elections until they are passed correctly, but that court decision doesn’t change that Biden got more votes and he won. they aren’t arguing that the rules changes themselves were unconstitutional, they are saying the manner in which the rules were changed was incorrect, Republicans are anti democratic, authoritarian and in fantasyland. republicans will over turn an election on non existent voter fraud claims like they clearly want to do now. This is very dangerous.

Re-Raise

I don’t see why. It still, doesn’t change the outcome of the election. Biden got more votes, more voters chose Biden in those states, that’s not in dispute. unless the lawsuit says Biden didn’t get more votes because blah, blah, blah, what does it change? Again it is an interesting legal question but you either have to stop the rules changes before the election which they didn’t do, trump failed to challenges those changes, or you can make the courts say these rules changes won’t apply to future elections until they are passed correctly, but that court decision doesn’t change that Biden got more votes and he won. they aren’t arguing that the rules changes themselves were unconstitutional, they are saying the manner in which the rules were changed was incorrect, Republicans are anti democratic, authoritarian and in fantasyland. republicans will over turn an election on non existent voter fraud claims like they clearly want to do now. This is very dangerous.
The changes were only a problem ..after they lost

vantexan

Again you're distorting what I said. That's dangerous.

refineryworker05

The changes were only a problem ..after they lost
That’s fairly true, but it doesn’t even matter. The failed lawsuit wasn’t challenging that Biden got more votes, so it would have changed nothing. republicans have this super power and it is a huge advantage, that they all just believe and repeat the same bs. It’s incredible. They all pretend there’s voter fraud even though trump’s own lawyers don’t ever allege voter fraud in court, then then pretend that a lawsuit about the process by which voting rules were changed in states trump lost to deal with COVID, will over turn the results of the election even though it’s never said or challenged that Biden received more votes, like in order to say trumped won, that’s the huge hurdle they gotta say trump got more votes, unless your lawsuit deals with that, it changes nothing about the outcome.

refineryworker05

Again you're distorting what I said. That's dangerous.
I am distorting nothing you posted. I am asking questions mostly. What republicans are doing is very dangerous and radical. A sitting potus alleges voter fraud repeatedly with zero proof. In court his lawyers never argue anything about voter fraud as they lose case after case after case. Yet Republican elected officials and Republican voters pretend to believe a massive multi state voter fraud scheme has happened with the courts, the DOJ, etc all involved, and even though trump’s lawyers never allege voter in court. And so republicans call on state officials to just declare trump the winner and to declare millions of votes cast for Biden as illegal robbing millions of Americans of their votes and the right to elect their preferred candidate. Objectively that is insane, anti democratic, and authoritarian. And it clearly points to the Republican Party overturning an election they lose on baseless voter fraud claims in the near future. That’s very very dangerous.

vantexan

I am distorting nothing you posted. I am asking questions mostly. What republicans are doing is very dangerous and radical. A sitting potus alleges voter fraud repeatedly with zero proof. In court his lawyers never argue anything about voter fraud as they lose case after case after case. Yet Republican elected officials and Republican voters pretend to believe a massive multi state voter fraud scheme has happened with the courts, the DOJ, etc all involved, and even though trump’s lawyers never allege voter in court. And so republicans call on state officials to just declare trump the winner and to declare millions of votes cast for Biden as illegal robbing millions of Americans of their votes and the right to elect their preferred candidate. Objectively that is insane, anti democratic, and authoritarian. And it clearly points to the Republican Party overturning an election they lose on baseless voter fraud claims in the near future. That’s very very dangerous.
Yah, you're asking questions framed as statements about Republicans are this or that. You're a one trick pony.

vantexan

Exactly. The changes made in my state were passed by a Republican legislation.
If you are in one of the four swing states sued there were last minute changes made by judges, election officials, governors and secretaries of state. That's unconstitutional. Play by the rules and Trump wins.

It will be fine

If you are in one of the four swing states sued there were last minute changes made by judges, election officials, governors and secretaries of state. That's unconstitutional. Play by the rules and Trump wins.
Your version of playing by the rules is throwing out ballots. Count the people’s votes and Trump lost. Why do you hate democracy?

vantexan

Your version of playing by the rules is throwing out ballots. Count the people’s votes and Trump lost. Why do you hate democracy?
My version counts legal ballots. Forcing observers to stand too far away, or pushed out of the room altogether, telling counters to back date ballots, telling observers to go home, counting is over, then pulling out hidden suitcases full of ballots and counting with no observers all suggests widespread fraud. You cheated, you know you cheated, and you're having a grand time thinking about how the Democrats got away with it.

My version counts legal ballots. Forcing observers to stand too far away, or pushed out of the room altogether, telling counters to back date ballots, telling observers to go home, counting is over, then pulling out hidden suitcases full of ballots and counting with no observers all suggests widespread fraud. You cheated, you know you cheated, and you're having a grand time thinking about how the Democrats got away with it.
You have no proof any of what you’re talking about happened. PS I’ve never seen observers who watch people vote. That’s a right wing made up tale.