Going back in after 2 months!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AlreadyDisgruntled, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Long story short: I have worked at UPS in various capacities about 5 times in the last 12ish years, the most recent being earlier this year for about 3ish months as a sorter. I basically quit about 2 months ago. I didn't tell them I quit I just no called no showed every single day since the beginning of September, so that way if I started my new job and decided that I hated it, I could quit the new job and go back to UPS without much of an issue. Well now I hate the new job and I still have my timecard at UPS, I'm wondering if I could just go back in and we could all pretend that nothing happened! From what I've heard, with peak starting I could probably go back and we could all awkwardly pretend that nothing happened and I could look for another job for January when they "finally" decide to fire me. Thoughts? Smartass comments? Concerns? Ladies and gentlemen, you have the floor! :devil3::rolleyes::sick::smart::snow::student::star::surprised::sunny::teethy::weird::alien2::furry::geeky::greedy::sleeping:2:confused2::sad2::-):ninja3:>:(:blink:8-):P:drool::lol::thumbdown:thumbup::lips::thumbup1::boat::)o_O:o:D;):p:poop::red_india:clap::w00t::santa:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Hadjabear

Hadjabear Member

Just show up tell them you were sick, didn't have the number to call in, worst thing that happens is they walk you out, just be sure to track your hours so you get paid properly doubt you're still in payroll

3. That is what I was thinking, but dude, the hub is like 20 minutes from my house. I'm gonna need a pretty solid guarantee before I spend all that time going in and such... Plus, I've forgotten all the sorting crap, so I wanna be retrained!

4. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

814388FE-14C5-4D70-88CF-B591C17FBD26.gif

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Crawl into your UPS location wearing an adult diaper and an adult-sized baby bonnet. Shake your baby rattle until a sup comes to see what’s happening. Then say “Where’s my mommy?! I’ve been looking for my mommy for 2 months!” Then casually stand up and slowly walk to an open position and see if anybody will give you grief about it.

If not, you’re good to go. Your direct deposit and withholding information should already be on file.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

You're fired

7. badpal

badpal Active Member

Heck in this day and age , it might just work. Bone up on your safety questions and go for it.

8. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

You're more full of sh** than a UPS toilet.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

Or my Center Manager

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I thought this was a thread about after the baby?

11. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

You’ve already been fired. Good luck getting off the “do not rehire” list.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say anything. Just go into work like you did before and go about your day like normal. If they question you about you not being an employee just act confused like you have no idea what they are talking about .

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. VelcroVestsAreTearable

VelcroVestsAreTearable Worlds Okayest Sup

If you can forge a decent mental hospital release note, this just might work.

Safety pin it to your diaper until your sup comes by, then give it to them and say "I found her."

Refer to them as Mom for the rest of the day, then show up tomorrow like nothing happened.

14. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

Call the number you didn't call the past 2 months and say, "Do you need me today?"

15. rod

rod retired and happy

Dress up in womens clothes- put your hair into an Afro (if you are white) and tell them you have been through some confusing times--ask where the womens bathroom is -give the a black power hand gesture and head to a work station. They will be so afraid of being charged with a harassment/racial/ sexual claim they will just turn around a walk away. They will probably even give you a raise.

• Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  16. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

EEB94AA5-5DFC-4B89-A6E6-C6BAD5896BC3.gif

17. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

You’re not dead yet rod?

But you’re so old

I miss anything around here?

18. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Hey, that guy was delivering pork chops and toothache drops to the Union front lines during the bayonet charge at Little Round Top in 1863. Back when men were men! Respect your elders!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Old time Ups

When men were men and sheep were scared

20. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

That's what I'd do. I've seen people do this, but that was with about a month of NCNS, not two months. Could end up going either way for you.