Going from 22.4 to RPCD

It is possible. Rcpd is like any other job in the building. It gets put up on bid and you sign it. Highest seniority wins that bid. I might be mistake, but I'm fairly sure 1 day of full time seniority will beat any amount of part time seniority. There are a certain amount of protected rcpds in each building discussed between your local and management. I'm hoping to go to rcpd when all these old farts retire.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

22.4 drivers have been hired after you retired , please don’t act like you know what they do cause it says so in a little book

22.4's are combination drivers that work part of their day on either the preload or metro and other part on road. I would assume that they are probably spending most if not all of their day on road during Peak but they are NOT FT drivers.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
22.4's are combination drivers that work part of their day on either the preload or metro and other part on road. I would assume that they are probably spending most if not all of their day on road during Peak but they are NOT FT drivers.
How many 22.4s in your center worked half preload then went out driving?

542thruNthru

Nope. 22.4's work part of their day on the inside and the other part on road. They are NOT FT drivers.

Wrong

Guaranteed 8 hours but not guaranteed how the 8 will be split up between inside and on road.

Wrong

Wrong

22.4's started after I retired;
Finally right

however, I do know that these "hybrid" drivers were created to perform their primary job on the inside and to work on road as needed,
Wrong

hence the much lower starting pay rate.

Wrong