Got hurt a month ago now it's bad

I was in a trailer when one of the feeders decided it was a good time to move it, took a spill out the truck, off the dock, on the concrete and broken glass and metal pieces below. This was over a month ago, nearly 2 now. Did all the paperwork and stuff, at the time I said I was fine and sucked it up, finished my shift and that week fine. Then ever week since it's just gotten worse and worse. I can barely move one arm now and the little I can do with it is extremely painful and one knee and ankle is soo bad it's very hard to stand let alone walk around. Been limping around and moving packages with one arm for the last 2 weeks. What should or can I do now?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was in a trailer when one of the feeders decided it was a good time to move it, took a spill out the truck, off the dock, on the concrete and broken glass and metal pieces below. This was over a month ago, nearly 2 now. Did all the paperwork and stuff, at the time I said I was fine and sucked it up, finished my shift and that week fine. Then ever week since it's just gotten worse and worse. I can barely move one arm now and the little I can do with it is extremely painful and one knee and ankle is soo bad it's very hard to stand let alone walk around. Been limping around and moving packages with one arm for the last 2 weeks. What should or can I do now?

If you filled out the paperwork you should be good. Go back to the doctor, tell them it's regarding a workplace injury claim that has already been made and that your injury seems to be getting worse. Get the forms from your doctor that detail any work restrictions and give that to your supervisor. Be sure he understands It pertains to the injury you suffered and already reported.

Hadjabear

I didn't go to the doctor when it first happened though. That won't be an issue will it?
No, but dont just go to any doctor I think they have the right to send you to a doctor of their choosing unless it's an emergency, if they say it might be a few days to get you in tell them it hurts too much to work, they'll find a different doctor or make you do light duty. Don't volunteer to take a few days off to see if it gets better. You have the right to compensation for work injuries, usually office work because they want to avoid lost time like the plague

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Inform Management you need Medical Attention
Do this with your Steward and 2 other Bargaining Unit Employees as witnesses.
Get a lawyer
Document everything
Do not speak to Management without a Steward and 2 other Bargaining unit Employees present or your attorney being present.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I didn't go to the doctor when it first happened though. That won't be an issue will it?
if you did the paperwork right away speak to one of the good stewards in your hub to see how to proceed. stop sucking it up and have it taken care of. management will give you :censored2: about this but they do this to everyone. it's up to you to take care of yourself. keep good records about everything. Not only doctors , but times and dates and conversations you have about this with supervisors and the union.

good luck.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is a very serious incident.

This is a serious hazard that UPS employees are exposed to while in loading and unloading trailers.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
The OP needs a sleezy slip an fall lawyer.
EDCACDE3-1547-4605-B0C0-A3B7A7DD1366.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Apparently not. It just happened here and the driver got a warning letter.
This is a serious safety hazard that many UPS employees are exposed to.

Would you be willing to provide the details of this incident?

I think this hazard has all the earmarks of formal OSHA complaint if the company doesn’t want to correct this issue.

I believe it will be a no brainer slam dunk winner.