Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

wkmac

So are you emigrating back to Scotland, or just taking a trailer in the non native internment camp?

Could be back to Scotland, then again I might take up the Lakota's invite to live on their lands should they be able to reclaim them. There are far, far more options than what you think, many offered by native peoples and nobody need go anywhere.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Could be back to Scotland, then again I might take up the Lakota's invite to live on their lands should they be able to reclaim them. There are far, far more options than what you think, many offered by native peoples and nobody need go anywhere.
You can volunteer for the Peace Corp and be sent to Moldava.....my friend (age 66) just did.

bbsam

Staff member
And you were able to parlay that degree... into being a FedEx contractor.
Never got a degree. Had alot of fun though. Three credits (+/-5) away from a degree, but why bother? About the only reason I have come up with is showing my kids the importance of finishing. Who knows? Maybe my oldest son (10) and I will graduate together.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Vote for Nobody lol. It's a good start.
How bout we put a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" choice at the bottom of the list of candidates.
If "none of the above" gets the most votes, the candidates are disqualified and we start over.
75b1bdc1-cd92-4963-bab2-706bcd9437ea_large.png
75b1bdc1-cd92-4963-bab2-706bcd9437ea_large.png

island1fox

The Liberal news networks alone cannot get all the propaganda out there --especially when it changes by the second --I will not negotiate --I will negotiate --what will he say today ??
I will never negotiate --I have negotiated --I did negotiate ---I want to negotiate --I do not want to negotiate ??????

I have said I will not negotiate --I have never said I will not negotiate ??:happy-very:

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
The Liberal news networks alone cannot get all the propaganda out there --especially when it changes by the second --I will not negotiate --I will negotiate --what will he say today ??
I will never negotiate --I have negotiated --I did negotiate ---I want to negotiate --I do not want to negotiate ??????

I have said I will not negotiate --I have never said I will not negotiate ??:happy-very:
Do you realize you are referencing the Speaker of the house?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
"According to the Daily Treasury Statement and first reported by CNS News, the administration dished out $445 million to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) on the first day of the slimdown, which means funds for the likes of PBS Newshour, NPR and “Sesame Street” are being spent before cancer research..."

Government gives $445 million to Corporation for Public Broadcasting on first day of government slimdown | Fox News

Moreluck, you are absolutely correct, but what you didn't bother to find out is that is their yearly grant that legally has to be paid at the end of each fiscal year.

Link to pertinent law: 47 USC § 396 - Corporation for Public Broadcasting | Title 47 - Telegraphs, Telephones, and Radiotelegraphs | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

moreluck

golden ticket member

brett636

I guess the question we should be asking is do we want to have this fight now when we can work out the terms for a (hopefully) positive outcome or do we wish to wait till it becomes an inevitability and it crushes everything this country once stood for? This is what faces us right now. We have the Republicans, and mostly the tea party Republicans, putting up a fight for the future of this country, while on the other side we have the democrats who just wants to kick the can down the road which ends in a canyon. I know for some of you looking forward 10-15-20 years from now is difficult, if not impossible, but the path we are on is not one with a pretty ending.