GPS and the diad

wayfair

swollen member
It has nothing to do with the IT guy. GPS is based on getting information from 3 or 4 satellites. The more satellites that the DIAD is able to use to pin point a position the more accurate the location is going to be. Sometimes the DIAD doesn't pick up 4 satellites or even 3 so the GPS location can't be accurately determined that is why the DIAD beeps and blinks red....

or, the gps at the center is overriding your DIAD

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Actually my center manager did an on-road observation on me this morning. He handed me a bottle of water and went over what he saw.
Why, what did they "see" you do wrong??? Let me guess ....... You didn't honk horn enough, and you didn't park close enough to curb, and spent to much time in back looking for package????? Close???????

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No, Dave is right. When a driver is pulled up in ODS-E the gps on the diad gets wonky. The data is usually about 5 minutes behind.
You're confusing the transmit function and what ODS-E is. ODS-E is active at all times for all drivers. We don't need to put in a specific request to get driver's info. It would make no difference whether you are being OJs'ed or not.
Your a pilot!
Me too. I'm just working on my commercial.
Sweet. I went through CFII and got my CRJ type rating. It was a blast

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Cover drivers may get a location warning from the diad because they are at the correct location.

The diad learns where the stop is always left over a period of time and a deviation will trigger the alarm.