Ground Driver, Am I Being Underpaid?

Browndriver5

Here is a fact no matter if UPS does go bankrupt we will still be known as a classy company who have well respected employees. You on the other hand work for Fed Ex and are looked as trash because of the drivers you guys put out there. So no matter what we will always be better than you

It will be fine

Lol if you believe its because you are "faster" then you are clueless.
Our ground service is much faster than yours. It's a fact, not really up for debate. You guys use the rails a lot more than we do.

We overpay our employees, have higher costs and still :censored2: on you as far as profit. How does that make your liberal company feel?
Our Ground segment runs around a 20% profit. You guys don't separate out your segments as far as I'm aware, but I'm sure you're not even close.

It seems you are one of the few Brown employees that believes your wages will stay up there next contract. The union no longer has any leverage with everyone understanding that a strike is off the table. Good luck to you though.

Browndriver5

Our ground service is much faster than yours. It's a fact, not really up for debate. You guys use the rails a lot more than we do.

Our Ground segment runs around a 20% profit. You guys don't separate out your segments as far as I'm aware, but I'm sure you're not even close.

It seems you are one of the few Brown employees that believes your wages will stay up there next contract. The union no longer has any leverage with everyone understanding that a strike is off the table. Good luck to you though.
I wasn't debating whether your ground was faster than ours? And no I don not think the drivers will stay at current wages. I think newly hired drivers will be paid crap like fed ex drivers and the current full timers will remain at their current wages

MAKAVELI

I wasn't debating whether your ground was faster than ours? And no I don not think the drivers will stay at current wages. I think newly hired drivers will be paid crap like fed ex drivers and the current full timers will remain at their current wages
Why would you vote for a contract like that?

Honestly, at large fedex statations in metropolitan cities, i can vouch that fedex couriers work just as hard as fedex couriers. Doesnt ups already come with a sorted out truck? Fedex has to sort their own. And doesnt ups scanner tell them exactly how to runna route? Psssh fedex powerpads arent even that smart

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Honestly, at large fedex statations in metropolitan cities, i can vouch that fedex couriers work just as hard as fedex couriers. Doesnt ups already come with a sorted out truck? Fedex has to sort their own. And doesnt ups scanner tell them exactly how to runna route? Psssh fedex powerpads arent even that smart

Might want to fix your first sentence. The part about the Powerpad not telling couriers how to run their route isn't totally true. Areas with DRA will download that info to the Powerpad, as well as provide a printout.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol if you believe its because you are "faster" then you are clueless. Yes I do think Fed ex under pays a long with the rest of the big companies in the world who :censored2: on everyone. Theres a reason there are more jobs in the world now and its because companies are paying two employees for the price of one and its crap. There is no reason a fed ex driver should make what a mcdonalds worker makes and if you believe that then you have never worked a day in your life or just a dumb ass

Their time in transit beats us in almost every lane.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are profitable but nowhere near 20%.

NYCFXG

We are profitable but nowhere near 20%.

The reason for that is obvious. The amount the average UPS driver is paid + benefits and the amount of work being done by each truck will never compare to that of a Fedex Ground/HG. There is/was a balance of power in UPS between management and drivers/employees. Fedex is basically a chain of users from the top to the bottom. Regional managers using their SMs, SMs using their TMs/P&Ds who use the Contractors who use their drivers who abuse their helpers. We're all just trying to survive. I talk to the UPS guys on my routes a few times a week and they know exactly how good they have it.

whenIgetthere

Might want to fix your first sentence. The part about the Powerpad not telling couriers how to run their route isn't totally true. Areas with DRA will download that info to the Powerpad, as well as provide a printout.

We were told recently that our station will never be DRA. Hope that's true, but we know how much we can count on anything management says being the truth.

l22

We were told recently that our station will never be DRA. Hope that's true, but we know how much we can count on anything management says being the truth.

DRA is fun to use. Follow the stop numbers and go by the DRA map. You guys will have it eventually I hope.